Android Tablets Forum banner
281 - 300 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Apple2005 and retorappa,

I'm sure at 100% that's mine repaired . As for Gestor Voyo A15 I got the link at Steve's blog. It's a tool that makes update firmware procedure on microSd easier and it does the job very well.
I don't remember who built it but thanks to him.
Retorappa, I use standard launcher because I wanted to update Apex launcher and It not only uninstalled it but it won't upgrade it and also mentionned "error, uncompatible upgrade" in mobileGo.
I use Nova quite recently on my phone and I think I'll do the same on the A15. Btw, what's your choice between Nova and Apex ?

PS: i followed the topic while waiting for my device and I must confess that I didn't understand "several" technical posts but, guys, you did a great job and sure helped many users.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi Apple2005 and retorappa,

I'm sure at 100% that's mine repaired . As for Gestor Voyo A15 I got the link at Steve's blog. It's a tool that makes update firmware procedure on microSd easier and it does the job very well.
I don't remember who built it but thanks to him.
Retorappa, I use standard launcher because I wanted to update Apex launcher and It not only uninstalled it but it won't upgrade it and also mentionned "error, uncompatible upgrade" in mobileGo.
I use Nova quite recently on my phone and I think I'll do the same on the A15. Btw, what's your choice between Nova and Apex ?

PS: i followed the topic while waiting for my device and I must confess that I didn't understand "several" technical posts but, guys, you did a great job and sure helped many users.
Thanks for the reply.
I used Go Launcher HD for tablets before I shipped mine back. It is good but not too many themes. You can give it a try.

Sent from my ZP950H using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
89 Posts
I use Nova launcher because it is fast, simple and smart. And I like the feature to tap at the left or right outside of the screen to switch desktop pages.

What incompatibilities in the play store do you mean? I haven't noticed any.

It is possible to make the tablet unbootable with "clumsy" changes to the build.prop. But I'm not sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm using the Nova launcher also. Much better than stock.
Real racing 3 or MeteoEarth for example. There are many apps which are not compatible with the voyo.

And I found 2 bucks. First: on many apps (titanium backup, no frills CPU Control, file explorer for example or in the download section of the voyo) there are ugly stripes at the background, since i flashed the inspiration 0.4. With the stock firmware, the background is dark, without stripes.

Second: the CPU frequency drop every boot back to 1,7 GHz. If i set the frequency up to 2.0ghz (no frills CPU Control) everything is okay. But after a boot, or a lockscreen the frequency change back to 1.7ghz. The solution is in the settings from no frills CPU Control. There is an option to disable changes from other apps. Then is alright an the voyo runs perfectly on 2.0ghz.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I use Nova launcher because it is fast, simple and smart. And I like the feature to tap at the left or right outside of the screen to switch desktop pages.

What incompatibilities in the play store do you mean? I haven't noticed any.

It is possible to make the tablet unbootable with "clumsy" changes to the build.prop. But I'm not sure.
Hi,
I will also use Nova launcher. As for compatibility I don't remember wich app but it's not really important and I've also heard
about unbootable device after modify the build prop file. I just wanted to change the dpi from 200 to 160.

·
Registered
3 Posts
sorry for the late, but I has been very busy with work in past days, yesterday I've finally tried the brick-fix and worked !
now the voyo a15 is finally resurrected
thank you again Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok, anyone that bricked it try this:

- One 4 Gb. SD, using bootloader_sd.vhd from Inspiration 0.4 with Winimage, select "Restore virtual hard disk image on physical drive ..." and mark yes to write information.
- If after that Windows don´t read SD, go to "administracion de discos", (sorry, I don´t know how is in english) or use with Acronis Disk Director 11 and format the rest of de SD, above 2.8 Gb., in FAT32, and copy all files of Inspiration 0.4 (13 files)
- Insert SD on tablet, and press vol- and power, and punch reset. Continue press vol- and power till words of updated appears on screen (I hope so).
- Wait till updated finished and power on tablet.

It´s only a test, please do it only if your Voyo it´s bricked.
STEVE, you a the best!!! Thanks you very much. It's works!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just played Real Racing 3 on the Voyo and it runs very well.
But you are right, it is not available at the play store. But why?
I also played RR3 just before it was bricked and I first thought it was the reason of brick because the games took so many space (+/- 1 Go) on the internal storage
that Voyo changed from 2Go to 1Go but I think I mix up everything. I'm sure I installed it from the market but my version shown a Porsche not a Mercedes. Is it the same game ?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I restored RR3 from a former tablet installation and after a huge download it started with a Porsche. What do you mean with 1 Go?
Hi,
As you said "huge download" +/- 1 Go but I don't remember where it was stored (internal storage ?). I left everything by default.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello,

i use the fix method to restore the tablet. it was successful. Thank you for the help.
I saw that the power button isn't reacting as expected. I think that my tablet didn't power on because of that.

As the tablet is concerning, I'll try to increase the autonomy by reducing the voltage (undervoltage)

thank you again

Edit: the kernel doesn't allow to reduce the voltage !!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi, friends.
Sorry, but I am very busy at work this week.
And I had investigated with another test to flash firmware safetly, without bricks ricks.
I am in the good way

But look at this picture:
CMW

This is the fisrt image of a CWM Recovery for ours Voyo A15. Thanks to Teredur, from HTCMania forum
We hope tha it´s ready soon

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi, friends.
Sorry, but I am very busy at work this week.
And I had investigated with another test to flash firmware safetly, without bricks ricks.
I am in the good way

But look at this picture:
http://www.htcmania.com/showpost.php?p=9829599&postcount=12

This is the fisrt image of a CWM Recovery for ours Voyo A15. Thanks to Teredur, from HTCMania forum
We hope tha it´s ready soon
Welcome back. My voyo a15 is on the way to china.
I couldn't see the image as they are asking for registration.

Sent from my ZP950H using Tapatalk 2

281 - 300 of 315 Posts