Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading through a large number of posts on here and a few on other forums about modifying the hardware of this particular model of eken. I haven't actually looked inside one myself as mine hasn't arrived yet - namely I am just looking for something cheap to play with and use whilst i'm off travelling.I'm not sure how many have found it - but this link here:http://www.circuitdb.com/articles/17/5Shows the inside of the m003 quite well. By the looks of it you could probably add a new battery quite easily as well as changing the wireless adaptor - although you would probably need to get one that has drivers compatible with android.By the looks of it there isn't actually much that can be altered in terms of hardware - it looks as if the RAM is embedded onto the actual board - however I cannot be sure unless I take a peek inside myself.Hope this link helps a few people out who are curious as to what's inside

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just received my Eken M003T this week (apparently a model that doesn't exist according to many on these forums, yet we have them)
I will say that is is very well made, but that leads me to the problem mentioned above... if I did want to "crack the case" I have no idea really how to do so, and what potential problems would that create.

I will say this though, and I will see if there is a performance thread to post in as well, that the tablet does not handle well. The sensor positions are out of position, keyboard characters are had to hit, and like using predictive text on an old text enabled phone, you better let the cursor move to the next character position when typing or you are screwed...

Maybe it is a calibration that needs to be done... not sure yet.

kj weir

1 - 5 of 5 Posts