Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have one of these that came loaded with CE. I am attempting to install Android on it. I can flash with almost any version rom made for the Eken M001 but can't get past the unlock screen when it boots. I have no ideal if the touch screen works because of this. The button on the front (you would assume this would be the home button) does nothing even in CE.So here's my question......Is there a way to disable this lock screen at boot? I'm not a coder so not really sure where to start.:confused:Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem and am looking into a solution. If I find it. I will post it on this thread.So far I found out that if you connect a USB keyboard or mouse, you can usually get pastthe screen lock dialog by pressing 'ESC' on the keyboard or a button on your mouse (e.g., right-click button).The base of the problem is either that the (four) keys are not being listened to properly or they arenot mapped correctly. The mapping for the keys is located in (at least on my device) /system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl, which is an editable text file.Also, if your touchscreen is not working, you should connect a USB mouse and navigate to theSettings screen to calibrate it. When you are calibrating it, you should use a stylus for accuracy.My current status is that I was able to make everything in (my firmware work), touch screen, andall apps including Google Android Market; however, I cannot figure out how to make the four buttons (Menu, Vol+, Vol-, and Back) work. I'm not sure if the keycodes are not being sent to the OS whenI click the buttons, or whether they are just mapped improperly. A keycode listening tool would help. does anyone have one? I have a device similar to the aPad.Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
While we figure out how to make the four keys work, we could use the workaround of disabling the screen lock function via widget, such as 'Lock Screen Switch Widget'.I don't feel like trying to find the right firmware for my device if everything works perfectly except those keys. I think, I'll get them to work eventually.By, the way, I have a device similar to the one the OP listed (I got jipped actually from someone in China, as I ordered a higher end Rockchip model). I used a LY-706 script/ firmware to flash and root the device successfully. But, again the four keys are not working.I could probably get them to work if I understand how the Android OS sends and monitors key events.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote name='seanX;69281]While we figure out how to make the four keys work' date=' we could use the workaround of disabling the screen lock function via widget, such as 'Lock Screen Switch Widget'.I don't feel like trying to find the right firmware for my device if everything works perfectly except those keys. I think, I'll get them to work eventually.By, the way, I have a device similar to the one the OP listed (I got jipped actually from someone in China, as I ordered a higher end Rockchip model). I used a LY-706 script/ firmware to flash and root the device successfully. But, again the four keys are not working.I could probably get them to work if I understand how the Android OS sends and monitors key events.[/QUOTE']Where did you find the firmware and what version?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.