Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have acquired a fairly new generic 7" tablet which is hung on the boot animation. It is running 4.1.1. I think I have id'd the tablet as the following:

Item Type: Tablet PC
Tablet Data Capacity: 4GB

Screen size:7"

CPU:DUAL CORE 1.2GHz ,ARM Cortex-A5,infotmic IMAP X15

GPU:DUAL CORE Mali-400 3D GPU,2D GPU

Memory Capacity:512M

built in flash:4GB

TF card:up to 32GB

TOUCH PANEL:Capacitive Screen

Processor Main Frequency: Dual Core
Operating System: Google Android 4.1
Feature: Camera,wifi
3G:built 3G USB-Dongle (WCDMA,EVDO)
battery:3.7V/2000mA

I do believe I need to reflash this tablet, but since I don't have a lot of experience with this chip, I thought it wise to ask before I proceeded. thank you kindly in advance for any/all insights.

Through reading the posts on this forum, I do know the flashing process, I just need some direction for firmware location . Any help would be greatly appreciated! joeg

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried factory reset?
This tablet has a power switch only. There is no HDMI, no volume - or + buttons. Nothing but a power button. I was successful in getting the tablet to go into recovery mode via ADB, but could not navigate through the options.

·
Registered
96 Posts
did you try the "fastboot -w" (erase userdata and cache).

else
Code:
<br />
adb shell<br />
#wipe data<br />
This tablet is in a boot animation loop and does not progress to an actual desktop. Therefore, a data wipe would not solve the problem, in my opinion. I really need a site that has the firmware for A5 Infotmic x15 tablets.

edit: This is a relatively new dual core chip released early this year by Infotmic.
Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good Afternoon I have the same problem with an identical tablet even disconnect the battery and the problem continues, urgent help

·
Registered
96 Posts
does it have a name, or is it called generic?

edit:
perhaps this is of some help? -> http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1048776
The posted link is for an older tablet. The tablet in question is new and has a newly released A5 Duo Core Chip. I do not believe the link would work with a duo core Chip. Please see original post for specs. The rom on the link was released in 2011 -- the tablet in question was released early this year.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Y76 model is generic unbranded

posted this link the tablet

Tablet Y76

please check the pictures on them showing full detail of the tablet
The tablet goes by many names ... here is a Y7053 tablet http://www.aliexpres..._606391423.html
The key issues are what the tablet does not include, i.e., HDMI and Volume buttons. There are numerous variations/Model names, but the key is to go by the chip, not photos. The specs are listed in the first post. The right firmware is the object of my search.

·
Registered
96 Posts
found something that might help you over at androidtablets.net

Find firmware and update
factory reset
they have a complete subforum for Infotmic chipset.

hope this helps you!
Thanks, however, I believe these methods apply to firmware for reseting a Sylvania Resistive Screen Tablet that was shipped with a message that said "DO NOT UPDATE". This is a workaround for updating the tablet. This tablet was also shipped with a stylus. The above tablet, as you can see and read, is clearly capacitive.

Secondly, the "reset method" is for a completely different and much older tablet and assumes the tablet is up and running. It also assumes there is a "menu" button and/or "volume - and +" physical buttons. My tablet has neither only a power button.

If you have a similar tablet to the one listed on the first post, I would be cautious and use the firmware (4.1.1) that will handle a Dual Core CPU and a capacitive screen and not try to a burn Froyo firmware.

Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, however, I believe these methods apply to firmware for reseting a Sylvania Resistive Screen Tablet that was shipped with a message that said "DO NOT UPDATE". This is a workaround for updating the tablet. This tablet was also shipped with a stylus. The above tablet, as you can see and read, is clearly capacitive.

Secondly, the "reset method" is for a completely different and much older tablet and assumes the tablet is up and running. It also assumes there is a "menu" button and/or "volume - and +" physical buttons. My tablet has neither only a power button.

If you have a similar tablet to the one listed on the first post, I would be cautious and use the firmware (4.1.1) that will handle a Dual Core CPU and a capacitive screen and not try to a burn Froyo firmware.

Thanks anyway.
I thought I would add one more caution..... do a comparison of these specs, which is the Sylvania tablet, and the one listed on the original post:

• USB Ports: x2 Mini USB (2.0)
  • Processor: Arm 11 (1 GHz)
  • Operating System: Android 2.2
  • Internal Storage: 2GB Flash
  • Internal Memory: 256MB
  • HDMI output: Mini output
  • External Memory: 2GB SD Pre-installed (up to 32GB)
  • Display: 7" LCD (Resistive)
  • Connectivity: 802.11 b/g
  • Battery: 1400 mAh Rechargeable Battery
You will see several differences immediately. So, the search continues. Hope this helps other searchers.

·
Registered
96 Posts
perhaps it's better for you to make a thread in the infotmic section -> http://www.slatedroi...um/15-infotmic/

I believe they have much better knowledge with that tablet than I do.
I disagree. My tablet is a Cortex A5 dual core. Look at the heading of this thread -- "Cortex A5".

Most of the firmwares in the thread you suggest are for older, single core, 2.2 Android infotmic tablets.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I disagree. My tablet is a Cortex A5 dual core. Look at the heading of this thread -- "Cortex A5".Most of the firmwares in the thread you suggest are for older, single core, 2.2 Android infotmic tablets.
For those of you who still are not certain which tablet I am referring to, or you think I should be "re-posting" elsewhere (a practice most forums discourage), here is the most near like in photos and in specs to my tablet http://camworx.cn/P_view.asp?pid=142 Pictures are nice, but variations abound when it comes to this tablet. it is the firmware that I am after. All that the "download" section has on this web site are manuals. I am hoping that someone browsing the forum in the right section will see what I am searching and share a firmware site.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For those of you who still are not certain which tablet I am referring to, or you think I should be "re-posting" elsewhere (a practice most forums discourage), here is the most near like in photos and in specs to my tablet http://camworx.cn/P_view.asp?pid=142 Pictures are nice, but variations abound when it comes to this tablet. it is the firmware that I am after. All that the "download" section has on this web site are manuals. I am hoping that someone browsing the forum in the right section will see what I am searching and share a firmware site.
Good morning, I think my tablet is different, my tablet has HDMI connector. I'm thinking of selling it for parts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good morning, I think my tablet is different, my tablet has HDMI connector. I'm thinking of selling it for parts
Modest success. I found a rom that fits the precise specs listed in first post, except it is 8 inch. It is listed as a F81 at http:www.wintouch.ae -- key issue is that touch screen does not work. The flashing tool is 2.0.15 beta version . . . . again, the 8" firmware touch screen will not respond! This tablet flashes differently from the older infotmic single core. Hope this helps. Still searching!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts