Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
This has been tested on the Imagine 10, but should work on all of the Imagine series.

This package includes the ADB Drivers, ADB executable, and Root command for the Imagine Series from Skytex.

When I get some time I am going to work on getting this added into EquivocacyE's Play installer for a one stop root instal solution. I am working on a command line driver install as well.

The root command will give you full root instead of the partial su root.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Please remember you are rooting your device at your own risk. Botched firmware, root, or Play installs are not covered under your warranty.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've tried this. No success. It says that remount is not permitted. Any ideas on how to root an imagine 10 with 4.0.4. I've also tried 4.1.1 from the site. Neither one will root. Says operation not permitted when remounting. I can't even adb root. Please help.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've tried this. No success. It says that remount is not permitted. Any ideas on how to root an imagine 10 with 4.0.4. I've also tried 4.1.1 from the site. Neither one will root. Says operation not permitted when remounting. I can't even adb root. Please help.
Both of my ROMS are prerooted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know that, the roms on skytex.com are not. This does not work with the stock roms. I have problems with your 4.1 rom. The wireless dies out and is slow. I also want a different image when I turn on the device and not the wolf in the moon. When i install the roms from skytex they are paranoid and have the system part. locked so we can't write to it. Any ideas on how to fix these 2 issues. I would also like to have the blue circles when clicking on the taskbar keys instead of grey. If I could have a rom like this version 4.1 with a default skytex boot image and no wireless drops I'd be all set. Thanks.
Both of my ROMS are prerooted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im also tired of read only file systems. Who feels it protects us needs meds for paranoia. To many young chickens going to college to do drugs. Give us a read and write file system. The more I use android I see where college and pot has taken human beings. Yes I am ticked off at root this and root that. This rom corrupts external sd cards when inserted. Once rebooted its corrupted so badly it mounts read only. Hence the reason of a voided warranty. I guess I need to learn to build my own rom. Or figure out how to root the roms from skytex.com. If your gonna make a rom then make a rom so users don't get upset.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is not like read only partitions are strange with Android. Most tablets and phones come that way. A few like ones with the Allwinner platform comes pre-rooted, unless they are CTS certified then they don't. I have used this root method and bin4ry's root on a few Imagine series with no problems so I can't say why you are having the issue. If one doesn't work, the other does.

The point of non rooted OS by the manufacturer makes perfect sense. If some uninformed keyboard kowboy wants to brick his device then try to lay it off under warranty why would the manufacturer help them? That way when the user sends the tablet back, short of catastrophic failure, they can see the user attempted to root or modify the device and the warranty is void. Mod failures cost personal electronics companies tons of money in wasted warranty. Now if most people were honest about how their device actually got screwed then sure, but they are not.

I don't have issues with the wireless, but I also can't say it is 100% compatible with all routers, no one can. But some things you can try is setting the wifi channel to a set channel if it is on auto. download WiFI analyzer and look for a channel with the best sgnal, if there are gain settings in your router maybe set them higher.

The bootlogo is not easily changed as it is embedded in the boot.img. But it only lasts a few seconds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So would I use these fills or the one in the thread about just the imagine 7 cause I have the black imagine 7 and its a paper weight till awesome people like you guys hook it up. Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey Kairnage,

I tried your root package on a brand new Imagine 10 that came with factory-installed Jelly Bean. No joy.
The su binary and SuperUser.apk files installed without a hitch, but they just didn't work with Jelly Bean. I could not get root access in any apps. Then I noticed in your description of your pre-rooted JB firmware that you used SuperSU. So I went and downloaded SuperSU and replaced the su and SuperUser.apk files in your original root package with the ones from SuperSU by Chainfire (here is the app on Google Play).

I then re-ran the root process and it worked perfectly. The su binary and SuperUser.apk files installed properly, and best of all, they work!

I also tried my modified version on a second brand-new Imagine 10 with factory Jelly Bean (belongs to a friend) and it worked perfectly first time. Root access for any apps that need it (after I grant permission when prompted).

So, if anyone else wants to use the Skytex Jelly Bean firmware but has trouble getting it rooted, here's a link to my updated root install package.

TRR

1 - 9 of 9 Posts