Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my tablet.I understand that it's only 256 colors and that there's a bit of a grid pattern on the "bottom" edge of the screen but:- does everyone elses screen flicker constantly like a broken fluorescent light?- Does even the stock background just look like crap (i'm guessing it's because of the whole 256 color thing)- When you go to "settings" can you see the screen? I can see the Heading text (ie wireless controls) but the text underneath is barely visible.Also, did anyone else get a screen with images "burnt" into it like an old TV that was left on too long? Mine has quite a few spots like this (menu bar in both landscape and portrait mode are burnt onto the screen as well as some other rectangular splotches) I got a message from ebay about this seller, so it may just be my device.I'm just curious while I download the custom firmwares and play around. I'm not expecting a lot, I most want it to read comics and electronics manuals.**edit**tested farm frenzy and the screen looks pretty damn good but no matter what background image I use it looks shitty. Splotchy, pixelated, incorrect colors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<sigh>I figured as much. After checking youtube footage of the tablets I can see that mine does in fact look quite different from theres. Too bad. Hopefully ebay can help me get a refund and then I can buy one from Dealextreme since I've always had good luck with them. Thanks.Back to the waiting...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts