Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used some heavy duty stick-on Velcro (soft side), carefully placed around the usable areas of the screen to mask the mirror coating. I don't know about anyone else, but the mirror around the screen is pretty unsightly, IMO. The soft side Velcro not only masks the mirror, but it offers one a place to put any accessories (USB hub, wireless modem, etc) while they are plugged in. Be careful, as poor placement if the adhesive can leave artifacts on the screen surface. It's worth a try, though, and it's cheap!*Like flashing ROMs, mod at your own risk. Not responsible for any damage that you may cause to your device.

· Registered
3 Posts
HiJust wandering if you could show us some pictures of this? I don't like the look of the shiny foil paper either to be honest - I find it makes the device look even cheaper! So any alternative would be good.

· Registered
188 Posts
I bought an Ipad screen protector for cheap. Had to trim about 1/8 inch on long sides and about 1 inch from one short side. The button match up good and screen protector has antiglare qualities so mirrored finish isn't annoying any more but still has stylish appeal.M003 was a smudge monster, now its tamed. Again, dirt cheap iPad size screen protector, trimmed to fit. meritline

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Y'know... I'm probably going to get a screen protector to put over the viewable part of the screen. Even with the soft-side velcro on, there's still the reflectiveness of the rest of the screen. Also, as tron33 points out, the screen is a flippin' smudge monster!

· Registered
252 Posts
Hi there,I haven't tried putting a screen protector on my M003, but my M001 has one still from the factory....and it works fine.I would try the iPad protector, but I will have to buy one, and theyre not (yet) cheap here in germany.greetz, PADMAN

· Registered
188 Posts
mr.fraggs;86762 said:
is the responsiveness of the screen still okay with the screen protector ? i have a similar one for the the ipad but the ipad has capacitive screen so im wondering.
I've had the same screen protector on it (cheap Ipad version) and have no issue with touch screen responsiveness. If your in a bind and need to make a cheap screen protector (PADMAN), you can make it using 2" clear packaging tape. I made one for my old smartphone (XV6700), but it was not as clear as screen protectors.

· Registered
3 Posts
I've used some heavy duty stick-on Velcro (soft side), carefully placed around the usable areas of the screen to mask the mirror coating. I don't know about anyone else, but the mirror around the screen is pretty unsightly, IMO. The soft side Velcro not only masks the mirror, but it offers one a place to put any accessories (USB hub, wireless modem, etc) while they are plugged in. Be careful, as poor placement if the adhesive can leave artifacts on the screen surface. It's worth a try, though, and it's cheap!*Like flashing ROMs, mod at your own risk. Not responsible for any damage that you may cause to your device.
Clever :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.