Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Hi, now i am experimenting with mix - fast overclocked at 1.2 GHz kernel from 0830 firmware
mixed with stock and rooted 0805 firmware.

This experiment is simple:
1. Get both firmwares;
2. Copy zImage from 0830 over stock 0805 firmware,
3. Preparing for root 0805 - remove from archive utv210_root.tgz file "/system/busybox/bin/su" - with 7Zip

Benefits for me:
- Overclocking speed, and everything else stable as old firmware (for me - battery icon always shows charging with 0830)
- market is new version (as in old firmware)

After few days will report any issues

EDIT: - overclocking is not in kernel! now my kernel is "#434 sep 1" but speed is 998 Mhz

· Registered
850 Posts
No, i dont think so.
As stated the speed is locked inside the kernel.
We do not have acess to the kernel sources and only play with what we have got, the 1GHZ and 1.2GHz kernel.

· Registered
40 Posts
Try copying the bootloader (u-boot*.bin) files too, they are the first thing what sets the clock rate of the CPU!
After reading fonix232 suggestion..i just used the u-boot.bin of the latest gingerbread build and use it with my Coby Kyros 7024 tablet running Froyo April 12 release. Actually that firmware is for Coby Kyros 8024 which coby release just recently.

Cpu speed is now 1149.37mhz from 998mhz using stock uboot

Antutu benchmark is 3195.

So setting of speed is really at uboot part.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.