Android Tablets Forum banner
81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Well I apply the EN03 with success and all work fine, the icons look different somehow, better, the task manager too, the battery work fine, the WiFi I can't prove because I don't have signal, my WiFi router is dead.
Some new apps like BatteryDrain, CPU Awake and .GScript, I don't know how is works that apps, I will find out.
I find a new option in languaje "Spanish (United States)" and works fine, I think works better.
The Base version said is 1.4, in the EN02 said 1.5.5 I think, why is that?
You think you can made a custom rom for the Onda v712?
Well, I am curious about JB, looks amazing, I will try it.
Thank you valkoz for all your effort, I am new in this of Android and tablets and so far, your work is amazing.
The only dissapointment with this tablet is the bluetooth the lack of it.
See section "Tips" in this topic and here http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/42424-712-dual-core-ics-jb-custom-firmware/

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you, I am seeing the section "Tips", I think is new that section, or I didn't saw that before.
Very interesting, I need to learn much, thank you valkoz.
By the "custom rom" of the V712 too, thank you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Got another interesting feature.. as I wrote in the JB-thread when I flashed with the newest custom FW I did loose the sdcard (unlounted) after flash.. so I downgraded to ICS again.. flashing went OK but then it freezes just when bootanimation started.. I tried to reflash several times, nothing.. and also with older EN02 ICS but still freeze,,, Did flash with JB-fw again and then it worked.. but still same problem, no sdcard and the tablet asks me the same google-questions everytime I start it.. what to do?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Got another interesting feature.. as I wrote in the JB-thread when I flashed with the newest custom FW I did loose the sdcard (unlounted) after flash.. so I downgraded to ICS again.. flashing went OK but then it freezes just when bootanimation started.. I tried to reflash several times, nothing.. and also with older EN02 ICS but still freeze,,, Did flash with JB-fw again and then it worked.. but still same problem, no sdcard and the tablet asks me the same google-questions everytime I start it.. what to do?
Did you modify my files?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, I applied an AmLogic fix and tested 2 months - all is OK, the tablets which suffered from battery drain, work now w/o issues.

Drain is linear, about 10-14% per hour.

I want to implement fix as a script in fw.

Right now make the following:

- install Android Terminal Emulator https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm&feature=search_result

- PLUG the TABLET INTO WALL OUTLET ! It's important, because the battery logs shall be nulled (charge = 0%)

- start Android Terminal Emulator and type

su (press ENTER)

echo B8 > /sys/devices/i2c-2/2-0034/axp20_reg (press ENTER)

echo B820 > /sys/devices/i2c-2/2-0034/axp20_reg (press ENTER)

reboot (press ENTER)

- after rebooting battery indicator shows 0% and will charge about 10% per hour - leave it to charge for 10 hours or more - doesn't matter

- when indicator will show 100% turn off the tablet and leave to charge 1 hour more

- after that install My Battery Drain Analyser https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.WazaBe.android.BatteryDrain&feature=search_result

- turn on display "never timeout" and turn on Wi-Fi

- start My Battery Drain Analyser and leave the tablet to work for 4-5 hours

- check My Battery Drain Analyser log - it'll show about 10-12% discharge per hour

- open tablet "Settings" - Battery - double tap on chart and check what diagram is linear

Download View attachment 8039

10-12%/hour discharge is a standard value for Onda battery in the mode - Never timeout and Wi-Fi on with stock applications working

PS. Your discharge % can be more and the diagram some non linear if you have your own working in the background applications - doesn't matter

This method works in the case when battery indicator shows 100% and no discharge also

This method used to calibrate the battery right after the tablet/phone purchasing

This method works for all Amlogic CPU

I made a script for GScript to avoid typing in the terminal and shall include it in fw.

Connor
Hello Guys,
I have real problem with battery, I have did the procedure lake you shows above and still battery drain in on the level of 30%, so within 2.30 - 2.40 my ONDA V712 V2 was out of a power. Please help!!!
On the board I have JB 4.1.1 (standard from ONDA v2 system upgrade. In 4.0.3 I was had the same.

Your help will be very appreciated.

Regards Doman

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello valkoz,

I flashed your custom ICS rom on my Onda V712 and it works like a charm. Thank-you very much.

I have real problem with battery, I have did the procedure lake you shows above and still battery drain in on the level of 30%, so within 2.30 - 2.40 my ONDA V712 V2 was out of a power
Same for me. I have valkoz's ICS custom ROM, I applied his BatteryFix but still the same drain.

Any ideas what can be wrong ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got a Onda v712 version 2 about a week ago.It came with the 1.5.5 rom so I update it to the stock JB 4.1.1 rom from the Onda.cn website.

It's used as and E-readerwith wifi turned off,screen in black background with white text, TTS turned on and attached external pc speakers which have their own powersource.

I got 2Hours 17 minutes out of the battery. When checking the usage it told me 17% screen and 83% mobile standby, however the tab is set in Aeroplane mode.

Do you think this usage is normal with these settings?

How I can have 83% mobile standby usage while in Aeroplane mode?

Suggestions and/or comments welcome .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, I applied an AmLogic fix and tested 2 months - all is OK, the tablets which suffered from battery drain, work now w/o issues.

Drain is linear, about 10-14% per hour.

I want to implement fix as a script in fw.

Right now make the following:

- install Android Terminal Emulator https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm&feature=search_result

- PLUG the TABLET INTO WALL OUTLET ! It's important, because the battery logs shall be nulled (charge = 0%)

- start Android Terminal Emulator and type

su (press ENTER)

echo B8 > /sys/devices/i2c-2/2-0034/axp20_reg (press ENTER)

echo B820 > /sys/devices/i2c-2/2-0034/axp20_reg (press ENTER)

reboot (press ENTER)

- after rebooting battery indicator shows 0% and will charge about 10% per hour - leave it to charge for 10 hours or more - doesn't matter

- when indicator will show 100% turn off the tablet and leave to charge 1 hour more

- after that install My Battery Drain Analyser https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.WazaBe.android.BatteryDrain&feature=search_result

- turn on display "never timeout" and turn on Wi-Fi

- start My Battery Drain Analyser and leave the tablet to work for 4-5 hours

- check My Battery Drain Analyser log - it'll show about 10-12% discharge per hour

- open tablet "Settings" - Battery - double tap on chart and check what diagram is linear

Download View attachment 8039

10-12%/hour discharge is a standard value for Onda battery in the mode - Never timeout and Wi-Fi on with stock applications working

PS. Your discharge % can be more and the diagram some non linear if you have your own working in the background applications - doesn't matter

This method works in the case when battery indicator shows 100% and no discharge also

This method used to calibrate the battery right after the tablet/phone purchasing

This method works for all Amlogic CPU

I made a script for GScript to avoid typing in the terminal and shall include it in fw.

Connor
I downloaded emulator to my v712 baseband 2.0 with the jb rom from the onda site.

Entered the codes as in your post and rebooted.

The Tab rebooted till the locked startup screen.The padlock icon is there but there is no possibility to unlock it.When you press on the icon you can't move it and there is no open padlock icon visible. After about 30 seconds the Tab will shut down and the charging icon will appear for a few seconds.

It has been charging now for 4 hours and the situation is still the same, when I try to boot up the battery will show 0% charged.

I have switched charger to be sure that this isn't the problem.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have real problem with battery, I have did the procedure lake you shows above and still battery drain in on the level of 30%, so within 2.30 - 2.40 my ONDA V712 V2 was out of a power.
I just made a test, to remove Phone.apk and TelephoneProvider.apk (or something like that) from /system/app (with RootExplorer) and the battery drain seems much lower. Since my Onda V712 doesn't have any built-in 3G connectivity, it's no use anyway ... and actually better, because this removes the unused 3G bars from the status bar.

I don't know yet if I'll really get any better battery usage. I'll report when I find out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everybody.
Last week-end I installed ICS ROM Final (EN03), mainly to be able to play gameloft games, as it's stated in the features of this ROM that compatibility with them was added.
I have tried to play games such as Tintin or Asphalt 7. When I start the game, the display turns black (as trying to load), I can see a like message about Asus TF, but a second later, I get the main screen and the game doesn't work.
Do I have to install anything else to play these games?
Did anybody try them?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Only one question....

Can I use any of these custom ROMS or any of these roms with the imageburnertool?
I have the white robot freeze and unable to goto any where (recovery mode).

And I'm currently unable to find any rom that I can flash with this tool
I have the stock JB rom from ONDA but that can't be flushed with this tool.

I managed to flash onw rom successfully, but that didnt work either as it was not for v701 (it was for "Resource.V712D-V2_v1.5.5")

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi friends.....

Only 1 question: why in ics final the virtual volume buttons are downgraded? They returned different from other virtuals, as in ics 1.2/1.4.
Why????

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 con Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Hi friends.....

Only 1 question: why in ics final the virtual volume buttons are downgraded? They returned different from other virtuals, as in ics 1.2/1.4.
Why????

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 con Tapatalk 2
I liked it

And final is not a final, I made en05.

In fact, to reduce the big contrast (black-white)

stock ICS (black-white) Grey Font Wood Darkness Pattern modded ICS (en05)(black-grey) Font Tints and shades Flash photography Rectangle Wood

Connor

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Hi everybody.
Last week-end I installed ICS ROM Final (EN03), mainly to be able to play gameloft games, as it's stated in the features of this ROM that compatibility with them was added.
I have tried to play games such as Tintin or Asphalt 7. When I start the game, the display turns black (as trying to load), I can see a like message about Asus TF, but a second later, I get the main screen and the game doesn't work.
Do I have to install anything else to play these games?
Did anybody try them?

Thanks in advance.
I played Asphalt 7 w/o errors. Maybe, depend on how u got the .apk and game's cache.

Connor

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Only one question....

Can I use any of these custom ROMS or any of these roms with the imageburnertool?
I have the white robot freeze and unable to goto any where (recovery mode).

And I'm currently unable to find any rom that I can flash with this tool
I have the stock JB rom from ONDA but that can't be flushed with this tool.

I managed to flash onw rom successfully, but that didnt work either as it was not for v701 (it was for "Resource.V712D-V2_v1.5.5")
You can use custom JB FW and can't ICS FW. Actually, ICS better to flash from SD card.

I'll upload soon ICS / JB Resque Files (to flash from PC) - u can use it if you'll modify "config_progress.xml" to flash from PC.

Connor

81 - 100 of 107 Posts