Android Tablets Forum banner
61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Hi Connor,

Many thx for the ICS Final, this's probably the best custom rom so far. I like the boot animation but I do not want that boot music play always. For example if I open the tab at night, it'll wake up others
Is there any possibility to control the boot music? Like if I want to shut it down or put it on sometimes?

Thanks!
I shall upload new version EN03 with ZipInstaller included and inform you how to disable music

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Hi I'm currently trying to flash my ONDA Vi40 with the EN03 mod, but it doesnt seem to be working. Ive noticed that EN03 doesnt have the 40dc_ics_patch.zip file as opposed to the EN02 mod. Is it meant to be like that or am I encountering an error during download. I've tried to patch using the 40dc_ics_system.zip file but it gives me an error.
I deleted patch.zip from all ICS and JB ROMs, because patch files included in system.zip.

ONDA programers include core files and some parts of 3rd party applications in update.zip; in patch.zip they include chinese apps and google apps only.

I combined all in system.zip

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Hi,

I'm far from being an expert, but....
I guess it's worth trying to remove "\system\media\poweron.ogg" that is in "40dc_ics_system.zip" of EN03 release. Then flash again your tab. You should have the flower animation without the sound.

Hth.
Yes, you're right. To disable music, you need to remove poweron.ogg - but you need to resign zip also.

XDA released working version of ZipInstaller, which allows to flash zip/zips easily.

Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1920057

I included it in new release, becuse not all users can to recompile "40dc_ics_system.zip".

·
Registered
5 Posts
I deleted patch.zip from all ICS and JB ROMs, because patch files included in system.zip.

ONDA programers include core files and some parts of 3rd party applications in update.zip; in patch.zip they include chinese apps and google apps only.

I combined all in system.zip
Hi Im afraid I'm having even more problems with my tablet. After trying to flash the tablet with the JB rom it has stopped working altogether it boots to the white robot, then ONDA logo and then freezes and reboots itself after a while. Now im trying to use the AML flash tool and I've followed the instructions and I am trying to flash EN03 system file but once I try to Import the upgrade file I get the message "find no upgrade config, please load it manually!". I have no idea what to do now is there any way I can fix my tablet from this?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Hi Im afraid I'm having even more problems with my tablet. After trying to flash the tablet with the JB rom it has stopped working altogether it boots to the white robot, then ONDA logo and then freezes and reboots itself after a while. Now im trying to use the AML flash tool and I've followed the instructions and I am trying to flash EN03 system file but once I try to Import the upgrade file I get the message "find no upgrade config, please load it manually!". I have no idea what to do now is there any way I can fix my tablet from this?
You can't to flash ICS EN03 or JB EN01 with AML Flash tool, because these ROMs must be flashed from SD card only.

Just unzip ICS EN03 to SD card and flash as usual

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can't to flash ICS EN03 or JB EN01 with AML Flash tool, because these ROMs must be flashed from SD card only.

Just unzip ICS EN03 to SD card and flash as usual
Ok thanks for your help Connor. I have tried to flash from SD card as normal but I get the message that you can see in the screenshot attached. IT says installation aborted which I'm assuming means the installation did not happen. Is there anything I can do to make a successful installation?

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Ok thanks for your help Connor. I have tried to flash from SD card as normal but I get the message that you can see in the screenshot attached. IT says installation aborted which I'm assuming means the installation did not happen. Is there anything I can do to make a successful installation?
I see your problem.

Every ROM have in update.zip or 40...zip file updater-script

Path META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script

Open updater-script with text editor (better Notepad++)

and in the upper line you'll see something like that:

assert(!less_than_int(1354163057 - numbers may differ

For the each vi40 firmware numbers are different:

1345444420 1.4
1347957299 1.5
1350960903 1.5.5
1353070323 1117SD
1354163057 1129SD

As I see you use firmware 1.4 (stock or custom)

This number must correspond to number in your build.prop (path \system\build.prop)

ro.build.date.utc=.....

So, you must have in META-INF assert(!less_than_int(1345444420) = ro.build.date.utc=1345444420 in build.prop

If the numbers differ, flashing aborted

Second:

such error arises, when you try to upgrade from ICS to JB.

I uploading now new versions of ICS and JB, try them

·
Registered
5 Posts
I see your problem.

Every ROM have in update.zip or 40...zip file updater-script

Path META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script

Open updater-script with text editor (better Notepad++)

and in the upper line you'll see something like that:

assert(!less_than_int(1354163057 - numbers may differ

For the each vi40 firmware numbers are different:

1345444420 1.4
1347957299 1.5
1350960903 1.5.5
1353070323 1117SD
1354163057 1129SD

As I see you use firmware 1.4 (stock or custom)

This number must correspond to number in your build.prop (path \system\build.prop)

ro.build.date.utc=.....

So, you must have in META-INF assert(!less_than_int(1345444420) = ro.build.date.utc=1345444420 in build.prop

If the numbers differ, flashing aborted

Second:

such error arises, when you try to upgrade from ICS to JB.

I uploading now new versions of ICS and JB, try them
Thanks again for the help. I checked the numbers you mentioned in both the files and they both end in 20. However I did try to flash the JB rom on my tablet which i believe made these problems start happening. I still cannot flash the other ROM onto my tablet and I even downloaded the rescue disk I from you posted as the symptoms of my tablet match the bricked tablet symptoms you mentioned, and although that updated successfully my tablet still freezes on the ONDA logo and I cannot flash the EN03 rom so I think I'll just wait for the new jellybean and ICS roms you mentioned.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Thanks again for the help. I checked the numbers you mentioned in both the files and they both end in 20. However I did try to flash the JB rom on my tablet which i believe made these problems start happening. I still cannot flash the other ROM onto my tablet and I even downloaded the rescue disk I from you posted as the symptoms of my tablet match the bricked tablet symptoms you mentioned, and although that updated successfully my tablet still freezes on the ONDA logo and I cannot flash the EN03 rom so I think I'll just wait for the new jellybean and ICS roms you mentioned.
I understand you.

I do not know the right method to upgrade to JB from SD card with 100% success yet.

I can flash JB on the same tablet 9 times without errors, but fail on 10th.

The only - I always have 100% success to rollback to ICS and try again.

Within 1 hour I'll finish to upload new ICS, try it.

Tomorrow I'll upload new JB also.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
I repeated your error when downgraded from JB to ICS (the error due to changing uImage_recovery).

To solve the error problem (to downgrade from JB to ICS) simply:

- turn off the tablet (long press POWER button)

- repeat ICS flashing again

I added your picture and error description in the header - How to Flash ROM

·
Registered
44 Posts
Some of us have had problems flashing to JB.

Thanks to valkoz (for everything) and to evertoexcel (for helping me upgrade to JB)

This is the way we have done it.....

Before you can upgrade to JB you have to first install ICS EN03. There is something in ICS EN03 that lets you then install JB.

Plug the power in to your tablet, switch tablet off. SDcard in to PC, format in FAT32 (as long as you don't need to save anything) then extract ICS EN3 to your PC, then extract the zip called extracttoSD to the root of your card (not in any folder) then un mount your card from your taskbar icon (bottom right hand side of screen).

Put your card in your tablet, hold down home then hold down the power button. When you see the white android, release the power button. When you see the green android, release the home button. Think mine went straight to the green android so released them both.

Let the tablet do it's thing and when you are all installed, switch the tablet off, put SDcard back into your PC, make a new folder called ICS EN03 on your SDcard and put all your files from your ICS EN03 that are on the root of your card into this folder.

Extract JB to the root of your SDcard in the same way as described above. You should only have the JB files on the root of your card.

When you flash the JB rom, your tablet will freeze at the Onda logo. Reset your tablet (in the pinhole) and flash again (hold down the home and start buttons...)

You should now have a working JB

This information may become out of date or unnecessary on valkoz new version of JB.

·
Registered
56 Posts
After trying to flash the tablet with the JB rom it has stopped working altogether it boots to the white robot, then ONDA logo and then freezes There you had almost your JB upgrade done:( If you read other posts (for example hereu's last post), in that time you should have reset your tablet (in the pinhole)/long press POWER to switch-off and repeat the flashing procedure again! This way it always worked.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Some of us have had problems flashing to JB.

Thanks to valkoz (for everything) and to evertoexcel (for helping me upgrade to JB)

This is the way we have done it.....

Before you can upgrade to JB you have to first install ICS EN03. There is something in ICS EN03 that lets you then install JB.

Plug the power in to your tablet, switch tablet off. SDcard in to PC, format in FAT32 (as long as you don't need to save anything) then extract ICS EN3 to your PC, then extract the zip called extracttoSD to the root of your card (not in any folder) then un mount your card from your taskbar icon (bottom right hand side of screen).

Put your card in your tablet, hold down home then hold down the power button. When you see the white android, release the power button. When you see the green android, release the home button. Think mine went straight to the green android so released them both.

Let the tablet do it's thing and when you are all installed, switch the tablet off, put SDcard back into your PC, make a new folder called ICS EN03 on your SDcard and put all your files from your ICS EN03 that are on the root of your card into this folder.

Extract JB to the root of your SDcard in the same way as described above. You should only have the JB files on the root of your card.

When you flash the JB rom, your tablet will freeze at the Onda logo. Reset your tablet (in the pinhole) and flash again (hold down the home and start buttons...)

You should now have a working JB

This information may become out of date or unnecessary on valkoz new version of JB.
Hi hereu!
Thank you for support!

I was little busy, sorry.

Right now I upload corrected aml_autoscript for ONDA tablets, which is need to easy upgrade from ICS to JB (also I included it in new JB custom ROM EN03 - can't upload it quickly, slow connection).

As I understand, not all users can successfully flash stock/custom JB ROMs.

It's because in vi40 dual core stock ROM aml_autoscript is absent (which is included in the other ONDA dual core stock firmwares v712,v811,v971 etc.). Maybe, chinese programers forgot...

Also, I checked aml_autoscripts in stock firmwares v712,v811,v971 - and, I think, it's almost impossible to flash JB ROM for these tablets, because aml_autoscript erases u-boot before uImage shall load.

I posted corrected aml_autoscript in "How to flash ROM" section.

Also, tested it when flashing from different versions of ICS to JB and vise versa.

Hope, from now all users can easily flash JB ROMs.

Connor

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well thank you valkoz, I flash my tablet success with EN02 version following your instructions, and that was my first time doing a flash.
I will try to flash the EN03 version and I post if work.
Again thank you.

·
Registered
411 Posts
after upgrading to En03 I can not go more in recovery
I can not flash
#1 You do not need recovery to flash

#2 But if you want:

1. Insert SD card with your upgrade file

2. Start .BootManager->Recovery

3. If you want to work in recovery, remove SD card before flashing will start

#3 It is not custom firmware EN03 bug, but ONDA's programers trick

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well I apply the EN03 with success and all work fine, the icons look different somehow, better, the task manager too, the battery work fine, the WiFi I can't prove because I don't have signal, my WiFi router is dead.
Some new apps like BatteryDrain, CPU Awake and .GScript, I don't know how is works that apps, I will find out.
I find a new option in languaje "Spanish (United States)" and works fine, I think works better.
The Base version said is 1.4, in the EN02 said 1.5.5 I think, why is that?
You think you can made a custom rom for the Onda v712?
Well, I am curious about JB, looks amazing, I will try it.
Thank you valkoz for all your effort, I am new in this of Android and tablets and so far, your work is amazing.
The only dissapointment with this tablet is the bluetooth the lack of it.

61 - 80 of 107 Posts