Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
I'm a noob.
I just ordered an E98. I want to experience the led screen! and hope all else is well.
It is shipping with version android 2.3. Hope it is good, especially for usb and bluetooth.
Can you confirm it is working? Or working in 4.0?
Thanks for all the good information
The E98 has been discontinued/retired from Zenithink, and has limited support now. There is no internal BT, but a BT USB dongle might work depending on what ROM you are using.....

Hopefully someone who owns a E98 will respond to your query....

·
Registered
33 Posts
I successfully installed ICS on my E98 non f tablet. I have two questions: First, how to enable multytocuh. Second : I cannot install anything from market. When i click "Accep&Download" i get "XXXXXXX could not be downloaded due to an error"

Any help?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I successfully installed ICS on my E98 non f tablet. I have two questions: First, how to enable multytocuh.
I wanted to know how to enable the multitouch as well. Mine is a "F" tablet and have lost the multitouch capability since I updated it to ICS. Also I'm unable to make any application that uses the magnetic sensor to work.

Any help is much appreciated.

·
6,629 Posts
I wanted to know how to enable the multitouch as well. Mine is a "F" tablet and have lost the multitouch capability since I updated it to ICS. Also I'm unable to make any application that uses the magnetic sensor to work.

Any help is much appreciated.
I don't think the ZT-280's have a real magnetic sensor inside.....I think the settting is just enabled to be compatible with more apps....

·
Registered
7 Posts
I prefer Zenithink Ε98 beacause I think it is a trustworthy company. Unfortunately withdraw this model and I can not figure out why. The characteristics are the same as last models. We need to send an EMAIL to Zenithink with all the request at least to make a final version with Android 4.0 whenever possible. It is impossible to buy something in November 2011 and they tell 2 months after it was withdrawn.

·
6,629 Posts
I prefer Zenithink Ε98 beacause I think it is a trustworthy company. Unfortunately withdraw this model and I can not figure out why. The characteristics are the same as last models. We need to send an EMAIL to Zenithink with all the request at least to make a final version with Android 4.0 whenever possible. It is impossible to buy something in November 2011 and they tell 2 months after it was withdrawn.
Did you try the 0109 ICS atp posted in post 10?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you try the 0109 ICS atp posted in post 10?
No i didn't try to update it because I think is a beta version. In that time that released flash support was not available. Correct me if I 'm telling something wrong.
Second thing I don't know is if I can move back to 2.3 if do not like android 4.

·
6,629 Posts
No i didn't try to update it because I think is a beta version. In that time that released flash support was not available. Correct me if I 'm telling something wrong.
Second thing I don't know is if I can move back to 2.3 if do not like android 4.
Yeah, the ICS ROMs in general are not as stable as the Gingerbread ones, and there are still many apps not compatible with ICS yet (or at least Market/Play Store will say that and won't let you download, but many sideload ok). I think the 10.2 Flash that they have working on the most recent ICS ROMs will work on the older ICS ROMs, but I'm not sure. The most current Flash 11.1 does work on the Gingerbread ROMs...

I am still confused about the whole E98 F vs non-F, and since you would need to flash the boot and spl for the ICS ROM to work on both version tablets, I guess to go back to Gingerbread you would need to roll back to an earlier boot & spl to get Gingerbread to work again (for the engineering version tabets)....

I'm sure atp will post a final version of ICS for the retired E98 Zenithink model, he's probably just waiting for a really stable version with everything working before making it. I personally like the Gingerbread ROM on my C91, and even the Froyo ROM on my C71.....

Well hopefully someone with a E98 will be able to better answer your questions (Flash support with ICS, downgrading back to Gingerbread from ICS)....

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
new version upload to ftp(0314 beta7). same as 0316 release.

·
6,629 Posts

·
6,629 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
6,629 Posts
Can you please make a ready to use package?

Thanks
As I'm unfamiiar with the E98 model (and the whole non-"F" vs "F" versions) I am not comfortable making it....

Perhaps you can ask (via PM) Pimpbunny or gianluca.tomat to make one?

BTW, what version do you have and what ROM are you currently using?

·
6,629 Posts
I have the F version with ICS from Post #10
Then it shouldn't be that hard to flash the 0313 beta, just use the same files as you did with the last ICS ROM and replace the 3 new files...

zt280_all_android4.0_20120313_beta7.rar\0313\android_10\android\COMMON\system.zt280.tar.bz
zt280_all_android4.0_20120313_beta7.rar\0313\android_10\android_patch\J0\LAUNCHER2\system.patch.zt280.tar.bz
zt280_all_android4.0_20120313_beta7.rar\0313\kernel\J0\1n\ZT280.kernel

·
Registered
111 Posts
Then it shouldn't be that hard to flash the 0313 beta, just use the same files as you did with the last ICS ROM and replace the 3 new files...

zt280_all_android4.0_20120313_beta7.rar\0313\android_10\android\COMMON\system.zt280.tar.bz
zt280_all_android4.0_20120313_beta7.rar\0313\android_10\android_patch\J0\LAUNCHER2\system.patch.zt280.tar.bz
zt280_all_android4.0_20120313_beta7.rar\0313\kernel\J0\1n\ZT280.kernel
I updated my Non-F E98 tonight. Some things still don't work: Still no pinch to zoom; still appears to be no flash (if flash does work could somebody advise which version and where to get it. I installed 10.3 which worked with earlier gingerbread version). The Touch screen is still not as good as with last version of 2.3.4.

Bluetooth now works again.

·
6,629 Posts
21 - 40 of 49 Posts