Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
HI having a slight problem when trying to flash this rom everything works fine using livesuit load the img file then when I connet the tab by holding down the large button conect the usb at the same time pressinf the on button it reconises the tab but goes straight to the end where u get the little yellow triangle if I close this the img file disapears any help please.
I have the same problem when flashing this update rom with my vi40 ultimate. I tried several times but still it ends immediately after detecting the unit

·
Registered
6 Posts
I tried this upgrade, and my Vi40 booted ok, but then things went bad: I followed the instructions not to touch until after the boot process, waited a few more minutes to be sure, but the physical touch points were 180 degrees rotated from the image touch points. Plus the gravity sensor was off 90 degrees -- kept rotating the screen the wrong way. I went back to v1.2rc2; that works fine except a few apps like GoogleMaps are incompatible with it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I tried this upgrade, and my Vi40 booted ok, but then things went bad: I followed the instructions not to touch until after the boot process, waited a few more minutes to be sure, but the physical touch points were 180 degrees rotated from the image touch points. Plus the gravity sensor was off 90 degrees -- kept rotating the screen the wrong way. I went back to v1.2rc2; that works fine except a few apps like GoogleMaps are incompatible with it.
Hi cellocgw.
A friend of mine had a similar issue with his onda tablet after an update, it turned out he flashed the the wrong version for his tablet, i.e. he had a V1 tablet and flashed a V2 update, so he re flashed proper V1 and eberything was fine again, not sure if this will help you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem when flashing this update rom with my vi40 ultimate. I tried several times but still it ends immediately after detecting the unit
Exact same problem with my vi40 ultimate.
Have anybody actually succeeded in upgrading the vi40 ultimate with this firmware?
What method did you use?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi all

I have successfully updated the firmware to 4.04 Onda vi40 ultimate,
bbc iplayer, itv player now work slight audio sync, stock browser is faster nice new boot up screen
You must rename the file to get rid of Chinese characters Vi40v1.4rc3 it will them flash with live suite

Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all

I have successfully updated the firmware to 4.04 Onda vi40 ultimate,
bbc iplayer, itv player now work slight audio sync, stock browser is faster nice new boot up screen
You must rename the file to get rid of Chinese characters Vi40v1.4rc3 it will them flash with live suite

Good luck
Hi mrmh - that did the trick!
Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi cellocgw.
A friend of mine had a similar issue with his onda tablet after an update, it turned out he flashed the the wrong version for his tablet, i.e. he had a V1 tablet and flashed a V2 update, so he re flashed proper V1 and eberything was fine again, not sure if this will help you.
Latest: I reinstalled V1.2rc, and a couple days ago downloaded the OTA update for 1.4rc3 . Selected "local update" and it told me the zip file was no good. So, today (July 13), I re-downloaded the (allegedly) same zip file, and successfully ran Local Update. I'm very pleased to see that Google Maps app is now acceptable on my Vi40 again. In addition, nothing on my SDcard was touched (I've moved a lot of apps there), and HBOGO app works too! Happy me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all, good news !
forget the official Onda stock,
we can now use the AOKP compatibility file for the vi40 Ultimate released just a few days ago
I flashed it yesterday night and works all right.
The only difficulty I found is that CWM is needed and was not vorking with the Onda ICS 4.0.4. I went back to 4.0.3 and all the rest was smoothly installed.
It was going to trash the vi40 or give it to my daughters as a toy, but with this ROM it is pretty good as it was supposed to be...
good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

I'm new to this site so can't start my own thread yet, I'm also new to android/tablets so take it easy on me!

I've just bought a Vi40 Ultimate and was wondering what the easiest way to get apps like IMDB and FB available to me from the Play Store?

Any help really appreciated.

Thanks
Brendan

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just bought a VI40 Ultimate also, very happy with it. Can someone re-host the files? None of the links here are working.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts