Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is a new firmware with ICS 4.04 for Onda Vi40 Ultimate, but still be an official firmware with a lot of Chinese apps.
Download at Onda website : http://www.onda.cn/MP3/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductId=203&d=down
Flash it as the introdution in this forum.
The tool LiveSuitPack_v1.07 is included in the download pack.
While waiting for a custom rom for Vi40 Ultimate, let's try this one.
You can manualy remove Chinese apps by installing and using Root Explorer.
Download Root Explorer here : http://www.mediafire.com/?2sa8rr8aop300yb

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi were do you down loas the firmware as I cannot find it on the website, managed to down load it from onda.cn but all the instructions are in chinese try to install it but nothing happens any help please.
1. Get into the website.
2. Scroll down to the bottom.
3. Click on either one of the two 'green tabs'.
4. That's it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Could anyone post it to mediafire, PLS? I greatly appreciate

·
Registered
173 Posts
I dont see any two 'green tabs' at the bottom, can you post a specific link pls? I doubt that is there anyone could down it ^^, no hope.

1. Get into the website.
2. Scroll down to the bottom.
3. Click on either one of the two 'green tabs'.
4. That's it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is a new firmware with ICS 4.04 for Onda Vi40 Ultimate, but still be an official firmware with a lot of Chinese apps.
Download at Onda website : http://onda.cn/MP3/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductId=203.
Flash it as the introdution in this forum.
The tool LiveSuitPack_v1.07 is included in the download pack.
While waiting for a custom rom for Vi40 Ultimate, let's try this one.
You can manualy remove Chinese apps by installing and using Root Explorer.
Download Root Explorer here : http://www.mediafire.com/?2sa8rr8aop300yb.
I also can not see the download button for this but can u answer a couple of questions pls
1) what is new in this version and is it worth updating ?
2) will it wipe my existing apps, passwords and saved games if I update
Thx

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi I went to Onda.cn found the downloads for the ultimate and down loaded it from there but instructions are in chinese so not sure how to flash it any help

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also can not see the download button for this but can u answer a couple of questions pls
1) what is new in this version and is it worth updating ?
2) will it wipe my existing apps, passwords and saved games if I update
Thx
(to Mjhieu too)
I'm so sorry, the address I upped has got wrong somehow. I've corrected it.
I just have got the Onda Vi40 for two weeks and updated the firmware for a few days, so I'm not sure anything about it. As the Onda said, the ICS 4.04 can improve system performance, further optimize the connection speed. In my opinion, it's just worth trying. I'm still looking forward to a better custom rom.
As LiveSuit's intruction, your apps and data will be kept if you choose the normal upgrade mode instead of the format upgrade mode, in the flash process.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks a lot to nhthanh05 and Algarvio

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all, I have been trying that Onda 4.0.4 firmware on my vi40 Ultimate for the last couple of days, it is actually a big improvement from the previous Onda 4.0.3 at least because the market is working fine and I could download and use all Google Apps such as Maps, Gmail, Navigator... with no need for any trick. Just installed from Googe Play, while this was impossible with stock 4.0.3.
The 3G Internet key Huawei E353 was recognised at first try.

Just a couple of thing I miss:
- no CMW (manual installation worked but could not reboot correctly, then ROM Manager informed me that "ONDA MID" is not yet certified with CWM)
- no support of WiFi ad-hoc networks (tried many different wpa_supplicant but no joy).

I wonder if anyone has got a fix for those... ?
cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi all, I have been trying that Onda 4.0.4 firmware on my vi40 Ultimate for the last couple of days, it is actually a big improvement from the previous Onda 4.0.3 at least because the market is working fine and I could download and use all Google Apps such as Maps, Gmail, Navigator... with no need for any trick. Just installed from Googe Play, while this was impossible with stock 4.0.3.
The 3G Internet key Huawei E353 was recognised at first try.

Just a couple of thing I miss:
- no CMW (manual installation worked but could not reboot correctly, then ROM Manager informed me that "ONDA MID" is not yet certified with CWM)
- no support of WiFi ad-hoc networks (tried many different wpa_supplicant but no joy).

I wonder if anyone has got a fix for those... ?
cheers
What about browsing ? Is it still slow or this issue has been fixed ?

·
Registered
176 Posts
HI having a slight problem when trying to flash this rom everything works fine using livesuit load the img file then when I connet the tab by holding down the large button conect the usb at the same time pressinf the on button it reconises the tab but goes straight to the end where u get the little yellow triangle if I close this the img file disapears any help please.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What about browsing ? Is it still slow or this issue has been fixed ?
Browsing is not very good, but I cannot say if it is better than 4.0.3. I kept 4.0.3 only for a few hours until I realised that most market apps did not show up (incompatible device).

·
Registered
9 Posts
HI having a slight problem when trying to flash this rom everything works fine using livesuit load the img file then when I connet the tab by holding down the large button conect the usb at the same time pressinf the on button it reconises the tab but goes straight to the end where u get the little yellow triangle if I close this the img file disapears any help please.
this procedure worked fine for me, you might try it if you didn't
View attachment livesuit tutorial.pdf

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I ve download this one and uptated my tablet (VI40 ultimate) with ".doc" method inside the zipped file (instructions are in chinese and only google reads chinese in my home ) :

0- copy unzipped file inside root SD-card, and SD-cart is inside tablet (;-))
1- tablet OFF
2- HomeKey still Pressed
3- tablet ON
4- HomeKey still Pressed

But, my version is still 4.0.3.

Could you please to tell me if the ".doc" method runs correctly or only LiveSuit procedure runs ?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts