Android Tablets Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
First thanks to coders that prepared this ROM.
I have several questions about this ROM,
- some times typography on web pages, letter spacings changes randomly. And texts become unreadable.
- I want to use vodafone K3770 usb 3g dongle. But device doesnt detect the usb dongle automatically. Is there an easy way to install drivers on tablet for usb modem. Or any way to disable autorun on modem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Aino

very good work, I have an Imito with rockchip and ics it has the same problem with the external card, so I would like to swap the external with the internal as you did in Teclast
But i cannot open the boot.img (I've used a perl script found on wiki
http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=HOWTO:_Unpack%2C_Edit%2C_and_Re-Pack_Boot_Images#Structure_of_boot_and_recovery_images

..but it could not open it)...please could you kindly give me the right directions to unpack your boot.img and repack it? or could you tell me which and what file I have to modify to swap internal with external card...Pleaaase!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi Aino

very good work, I have an Imito with rockchip and ics it has the same problem with the external card, so I would like to swap the external with the internal as you did in Teclast
But i cannot open the boot.img (I've used a perl script found on wiki
http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=HOWTO:_Unpack%2C_Edit%2C_and_Re-Pack_Boot_Images#Structure_of_boot_and_recovery_images

..but it could not open it)...please could you kindly give me the right directions to unpack your boot.img and repack it? or could you tell me which and what file I have to modify to swap internal with external card...Pleaaase!!
I found a chinese tool intended originally for root-mooding and flashing for rk chips, just modified to only use the boot extracting process. It's a little mess since was made for "home use" but give me some time and will upload it. You need to have a boot.img that doesn't contains the kernel inside.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have tested this firmware , and at the moment i prefer 2.3.4 because in this FW u cant play some games as GT III or FIFA at the moment is not stable

·
Registered
1 Posts
This seems to be running really well on my Andypad Pro but the screen touch is all back to front ie. touch left hand side of screen and it clicks the right hand.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for making a custom rom!

I'm gonna give it a try next week maybe. Hopefully I can follow the instructions, I failed the first time when I was trying to flash my Nexus S and almost bricked it, but saved it. If it was windows i could do it fine.

What have you guys experienced since flashing this rom? better battery life? faster? unfortunately my Nexus S is crap after the OTA 4.0.4 update. ugh.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Felt bored and installed your ROM yesterday. I think it has better functionality than the 4.0.4 OTG update on the Nexus S! I can see the potential!

However I have run into a couple of problems:

1. The touchscreen has variable sensitivity, sometimes i need to touch a button two or three times before it registers. Sometimes i try to touch a button and is super sensitive and flicks to the next page.

2. I have charging problem now. I can't find my original Teclast charger at the moment so I am using the one from my Nexus S, and it seems to only charge the unit when I shutdown, now while it is running. Also when the charger is plugged in, the light on the screen flickers a lot. When I plug in the tablet to the computer or to the charger it will immediately decrease to 1% battery. very strange!

3. Finally, Opera Mini doesn't work properly so I used Dolphin Browser HD, and *sometimes* the words turn into random characters as mentioned before.

4. Go Launcher displays a black screen except for the dock, and the working app drawer...so I just use Apex or Nova.

I want to give this to my mom to teacher her to use this stuff. Is there and older build that is more stable? I been looking in "NEW SDK 2.0" thread, but the link for the download at 115.com is dead. I have been trying to teach her this computer stuff for years, and maybe this time a tablet will be easier. any other good ROMs to try?

PS. I REALLY love the way that the SD cards show up.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts