Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a couple of weeks my ICOU8GT died ... or so I thought.

I spent a week trying to get the ICOU8GT to start. No joy.
Finally, I searched for what works on a similar tablet. It worked on the ICOU8GT!

The .img version I used is ICOU8GT-2.0_20130618V2 (google "ICOU8GT 0618" along with FINDING instructions on how to unpack, not difficult).

The advice that I got, from the thread below, that worked came from interpreting the instructions for that different tablet see:-

http://www.slatedroi...post__p__811777
During the reset procedure I used the "Back" button with the power button and ignored the 1st screen warning from PhoenixSuite that appeared on the PC ... not the ICOU8GT - which was "off/dead" ... and went straight into the update and followed the on-screen instructions.

The ICOU8GT was recognised, Windows loaded the correct driver(s) and after a while all was well.

Apologies if this advice seems a bit disorganised - it was 03:30 and a few lagers had been liberated.

HTH, Ray

NOTES:
I could NOT flash from the same .img (created with windisk32 onto an SD card).
I could NOT get either PhoenixCard (3.06) nor PhoenixUSB Pro (3.3.4) to work ... same .img ... maybe PhoenixUSB works but I did not have the flashing buttons instructions at the time.
My resurrected, newly-flashed ICOU8GT has been running all 4 cores constantly at 100% with no problem for the past 3 days

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ugh!

It happened again. Not dead, just stuck on the A31/world graphic after the screen response went bananas*/graceful degradation, power off, power on.

Re-set firmware, again, so all is well once more.

This is getting boring

* incessant clicking when nothing was being pressed/switching from the viewed screen back to the previous screen without user interaction etc, etc ...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh no! After weeks WORKING 24/7 OK the ICOU8GT seized again.

Just spent a few hours trying to reset with the same firmware version as before and the same burner (PhoenixSuite v1.0.7). The burner starts OK but after about 1 minute I get the following:-

Has anyone seen this before?
What does that message say (in English)???

·
Registered
10 Posts
try phoenixcard 3.09!
Hi.
Found that at http://moveontechnology.com/downloads/phoenixcard%20v3.0.9.zip which is much better than 3.06, thanks very much for the tip, kew.
Burned image onto an SD card as "Product" - no joy, then as "Startup".
The ICOU8GT does switch on and gets as far as the A31 splash screen but that's it. It just sits there.

Previously I tried the debug mode in PhoenixUSB and it points (I think?) to the on-board NAND being defective.

That probably stops the OS on the SD card from proceeding, so it looks like this tablet has properly died this time ... unless someone has other info/ideas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
try PhoenixSuit it save my tablet ,, you need the .img only
See message #3 above (PhoenixSuite v1.0.7).

Update ... from other work it seems that the onboard NAND memory is borked.

Thanks for nothing, Allwinner/ICOU!

FWIW I'd still like to know what the weird message in my post #3 says ...

Anyone?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts