Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello, I've got an Icoo d70 Pro2 that I really enjoy and use like a workhorse. I've installed a 5000ma battery (thanks to jured) which gives me very acceptable runtime, but, I find that I want unlimited runtime at times so I need to make another modification. I sometimes use my Icoo as a CPU by connecting my 24 monitor to the HDMI port and plug in via hub, a full size USB keyboard and mouse through the micro USB port so that my tablet functions much like my regular desktop computer. This tablet seems to handle it like a trooper and it sure is much easier working on the tablet via the large monitor. Here's my problem; since the tablet is powering all these external devices I can only get a few hours runtime before the battery is drained, so, I would like to modify this tablet by adding a miniature DC power connector so that the charger will power the tablet rather than the battery. I can handle installing the mini power connector, but, what I don't know about is the charging system. Is the voltage regulation function performed in the charger or in the tablet cicuitry? If it's done in the charger I've got no problems because then I'll just connect the DC mini port directly to the red and black connectors for the battery on the circuit board and off I go, but, if the voltage regulator is on the tablet circuit board then I have no idea where to connect or how to find out without risking the tablet. Anybody have any ideas on how I can determine the correct location point internally to provide external DC voltage while the micro USB port is being used? Sure would appreciate any help you could offer with this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

I have read your post and I have about the same problem. My screen is broken and I want to use the device as a Movie Player. for my HDMI tv. I got the same problem, no charging when connected to usb..

First of all, I have a question for you. Does your mouse works well? I cant clock some buttons, like the buttons on the home screen doesnt work, the buttons in the 'task bottem bar' works. I tested multiple roms, and diffrent mouses. Witch rom are you using and does it works good?

The device charges at 5,5 volts (standard USB voltage) though the battery are a little less (around 4 volts I guess, but I havent done research yet). That means there must be an internal charging circuit.

Besides that, when you charge the tablet takes the + power from usb. But when you use the usb port as a HOST the device is giving the 5 volts. So also for that there must be an internal circuit.

I will de some research and try to find out.

PS. if the charger is an internal circuit, it doesnt mean you cant charge it by using and external (self made) circuit and hook it up directly to your battery.

I hope you can answer my questions. I ll try to come back about this when I know more about it. I do not have my equipment here at home, maybe I have them monday.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts