Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://convergeddevices.net/ICD (Innovative Converged Devices) are currently developing a few Tablet PCs, A 7" Tablet (Ultra) with choice of resolution, A 11.2" (Gemini) with ALOT of features for it's size with a 1366x768 screen. And A 15.6" Tablet that also has a 1366x768 screen and the best specs with a dock that is also a charging station, and a 15.6" screen.The release date(s) for the Tablets is sometime later this year (anyone have the feeling of D?j? vu?), with the Tablets being released at different times to each over. The price for the tablets is also unknown.Here is an information sheet on each of the Tablets (Partly made by me).

·
Registered
567 Posts
none of them really.The 15" is just WAY too big for a tablet.10" is also pushing tablet size IMO.7" needs more RAM & internal storage. Too many feature cuts in this one, presumably driven by pricing tiers, but otherwise would've been my pick.Also be nice to know price ranges, as the answer may simply be none because they're all too expensive, which I'm thinking they will be using nVidia.[EDIT]The above is from a consumer perspective and the range of available products.If I were buying for a business, the 15" would likely still be too bulky/large.10" would probably be the target.And price would be less of a factor, well depending on how it compared in terms of overall usefulness and price v. some larger brand more expensive tablets currently available or soon to be available...[/EDIT]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cutterjohn;24130]The 15 said:
Not quite true' date=' but good for having multiple applications up and video watching.
cutterjohn;24130' said:
10" is also pushing tablet size IMO.
Not really, still just opinion though.[quote name='cutterjohn;24130]7" needs more RAM & internal storage. Too many feature cuts in this one' date=' presumably driven by pricing tiers, but otherwise would've been my pick. [/QUOTE']Most of the specs are customizable.[quote name='cutterjohn;24130]Also be nice to know price ranges' date=' as the answer may simply be none because they're all too expensive, which I'm thinking they will be using nVidia. [/QUOTE']It would and probably true.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think there is a market and use for all the sizes, but when I think tablet, I think portable, and 7" is just about right for me. Needs to be thin and light but full feature. Personally, I'm hunting/waiting for something like this, price should be reasonable, but does not have to be cheap...MUST HAVE...- 7" multi-touch screen (clear in direct sunlight)- 1GHz processor or higher- movement sensor- GPS- OS (ability to easily switch between Linux, Andriod, etc. via firmware)- Hard reset to last working setup (or start over with firmware load)- SD/SDHC or mini/micro- 2 USB- MEMORY... as much as possible- Audio... stereo speaker, stereo out, mic- WiFi, G3/G4- Camera/webcam .6 or higher- Battery (removable/replaceable) (last a minimum of 4 hours)BONUS for me, Others may want- Docking/Charger- 3D support- HDMI support and port out- 2nd Camera/webcam .6 or higherAND... from past experience... the more hackable it is, the better!!Is that it?... What have I forgot? :confused:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think a 15 inch tablet would be great for many many tasks. I'd love to have one for sheet music for example. Here are some other applications:Full size text book display.Wall mouted photo display (obviously you would need to take it down to charge it). Media player on a boat, camper, or RV. I could see doctors using this to discuss xrays or medical procedures with patients instead of a heavy full size tablet.The list is endless.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.