Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Wrong forum, this is for the Telechips-based G10/G11/Herotab/X5A/X6 models running android, not windows CE.

·
Registered
576 Posts
That's interesting. The case looks to be the same as that of the Dawa D7, Augen Gentouch78, & Smarttbook Surfer, yet it only has two hw buttons...

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
Very interesting. Said has HDMI 1080P out and has HDMI port in Pic. USB shows 2 Mini ports One 2.0 (OTG) and a 2nd Host but is 1.1.No info on Market.But what kind of custom ROM/Clockwork recovery/Rooting ect will be made for this device? Is it close enough to a 5XA or Darwa or GT78 hack?Will be interesting to see.

·
Registered
576 Posts
The Dawa was supposed to originally have been a wince device, but they changed to Android 2.1 around May or so IIRC. Maybe they actually made and sold some of the wince versions...ANY TCC8902 should be perfectly capable of 1080p @ 30fps as it's part of the hw video encode/decode block... the HDMI port just lets it actually output to a display that can handle 720+p rezs...

·
Registered
80 Posts
do you think i should go with this one?im looking for a relativley powerful device but im short on cash :do you think android 2.1 will serve me good for a long period of time? if im getting a tablet now, ill be using it for a long time

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
I think you should go with a X5A instead. We don't know what that slate is exactly and you may not be able to do much in modding/updating it.With the X5A you can get help here and other places.I think unless you are planning on learning how to make you own custom Rom either get a 5XA or wait a bit until others get this and find out more.On the other hand if your not planning on ever putting a custom Rom on getting root access etc. It's a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if Android 2.1 will work good enough with this Telechips-based device out-of-the-box, i dont see a reason for me to flash it etc.but in the other hand, with that kind of price, i think its a real bargain and its got a lot of potential to be a popular tablet around here. maybe others will go with the flow :)basically, i just want to get a tablet that will be relatively fast, and to have enough apps available to it to keep me busy

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK,so ive contacted the seller to ask him a few things.the first downside for me was that the device doesnt support Hebrew on Android 2.1. isnt there a way to install hebrew in general on Android 2.1 devices?the second, he wants an extra 15$ if i want the Android 2.1 installed instead of WinCE. Can i instal Android 2.1 by myself?Thanks, and have a happy new year ya'all
(im a Jew)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ive entered the link again, and i can steel see 0$ shipping through Hong Kong post. where did you see 70-80$??

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did not see that option before, I apologize for that. I only saw the DHL and EMS and they were so high i must have shocked me blind.I have a Apad E7002 with the same CPU and similar specs running Android 2.1 and it's a solid device.K.C.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts