Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
"One of these options includes receiving the tablet as is."I'm not sure how is $220 is a decent price for an AS-IS product. That means it's effectively orphaned, and FC will wash its hands of it. If it breaks, you eat it, since FC can't RMA it back to Zenithink. Tech support? Tough cookies, it's as-is. New firmware? Don't look at FC.So, sure, attaboy to FC for being upfront about the no-support thing, but is there anyone dumb enough to shell out a couple of Benjamins for a dead-end pad?Then again, looking at all the peeps snatching up APads & VIAs, I retract the question.

· Registered
58 Posts
I think it's just a clash of cultures. As xaueious said, specs inflation is kinda the norm for Chinese (actually, most Asian) vendors. Zen didn't flagrantly lie itself, although it nudged the fib along. And it priced its wares in line with what it actually was. As it stands, it's more of a "misunderstanding" rather than an actual fraud. I'd have no problem buying from Zen, as long as I do my due diligence (as every buyer should).If fault is to be blamed, it's on FC for not doing its homework. But cut it a break as well, as it's a startup, and this is probably its first big deal, so it's more inexperience than incompetence. No doubt it'd be more on the ball hereafter. Same with Zen, it'll be more scrupulous from now on, at least in dealing with western buyers.Anyway, I don't think there'd be a shortage of Telechip pads, whether they be 800MHz or 1GHz. Buy from whomever you feel comfortable with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.