Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
567 Posts
[quote name='bugeyed;34394]As most of us now know' date=' FC is backing away from their current A10 FlatPad. I guess they will still honor the warranty, but no support. They aren't able to do any ROM development & are at the mercy of the Chinese Mfg. for updates & enhancements. I guess $220 is a decent price for this tablet??? Still, I would only deal with a company that has the source code & was able to work directly with their customers to fix bugs & generate updated ROMs. That's what makes the platform worth so much more for me. Anyway, I wish FC much luck with their next product. I am sure they will be reading the contracts very closely with their next mfg. partner. Cheers,kev[/QUOTE']I hope that they do a better job at picking an ODM next time, and beef up with some actual technical people since there clearly aren't any there right now......oh, and $199 would be a better price... but even that's pushing it to me...[EDIT]I take it that the forums must've gotten a little exciting as they seem to be gone now. (*damn* I almost always miss all teh inatrwebz dramaz!) Selecting the option just brings up the page with the two options, refund, or difference between old price and new one along with pointing out Zenithink's new fw...[/EDIT]

· Registered
567 Posts
jgn1013;34544 said:
Read this thread to get the "(*damn* I almost always miss all teh inatrwebz dramaz!) "
I know all about those(and related thread... I was following that Sunday(and later) to see what the fallout would be... which was bad for FC as I mentioned in various threads since in addition to being technically incompetent, they also have no concept of PR...), what I specifically meant was the fun that must've gone on in their own forums that caused their [email protected] a Witstech (Wirelession) A81 E. Their 2.2 fw looks to be firming up pretty good. OCed 800MHz Cortex-A8 (OMAP3530), GPS(optional), bluetooth(non-functioning in Android ATM), no accelerometer(big deal, lose a few games), easily replaceable battery pack... pphhht go look in the renamed Midnite whatever forum(right above PDN forum ATM). (Not very bright to list it as a particular model when many people won't know the midnite is an A81 E...)At least FC is refunding people... that got that part right even if they failed the rest.

· Registered
567 Posts
It's a ZT-180, well Orphan M16 IIRC which is actually a ZT180 just like the FC A10...what's wrong with 7" tablets? I wish more tablets were 7", as I feel that 10" is already pushing it, and 15" is just plain ridiculous, but look here for some English company that is trying to flog 7", 10", & 15" tablets... no idea about the specs or anything as they seem to only excel at marketing... apparently have some kind of deal with some wireless provider in the UK too...Oh, and the marketing comment I made because it sounds like they're going for grossly overpriced, i.e. iPad pricing at a guess... here went and found ya the thread, since I'm feeling slightly kindly ATM:http://www.slatedroid.com/non-listed/3456-icd-tablets-7-11-15-a.htmlIf you google it you can find some more info, but look at the 15" galleries... looks ridiculous with that woman holding it(15")...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.