Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
you won't know till you get it :- . also like we did . ask for the firmware , or ask for a link that you can download it. what if the unit crashes and it needs to be reloaded , its for your protection. When I bought mine (Irobot/Iweb) I emailed the seller every day until he sent me the firmware .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks for the advice. If it doesn't turn out to be what they say I'll file a complaint with paypal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
nice, when it arrives tell us how it went. I was about to buy this but i was afraid of not get what i wanted. I like the pure black device and by the pictures the seller post its the Pioneer Dreambook APAD ( look at the ports ). But what stopped me was that the seller post its made in china and not australia...but maybe that dreambook is someone else brand..dunno. Ill be pleased to know how it when with the 256ram

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it might be the Dreambook. I can't find anyone who has had hands-on time with one so I guess I'll find out how good it is. Do you know for sure it's actually supposed to be made in Australia? I know the company who designed it is based there, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's being manufactured there.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Definitely curious about this one. I do like that (at least according to the website), payment isn't released to the seller until you confirm delivery. I wish PayPal did that with all the scumbags on eBay popping up (I've been scammed twice and had to get PayPal involved - 1 refund, 1 pending).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been in contact with the seller and he tells me it has a ARM926EJ-5 REV 5(V51) CPU. It is does have 256MB of RAM and the camera. He sent me this video which I'm assuming he had some part in making: http://u.youku.com/user_show/id_UMTI0MzQ5NjE2.html It seems to be on par with what I would expect something like this to be for the price it costs. If anyone out there can watch the video and tell me how it stacks up against theirs I would appreciate.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
That's the Wonder Media version of Android - similiar to if not the same as the version that is running on the EKEN M001. My bet is you've got the same processor in there as well. As to the 256Mb - I doubt that too....

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
[quote author=modified link=topic=563.msg5874#msg5874 date=1275902903]I asked for a pic of the settings to show what kernel it has and this is what he sent.[/quote]I don't see a pic - am I missing something?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
donaldson;6726 said:
I don't see a pic - am I missing something?
I don't know what's going on. It seems like every time I visit these forums it changes. I'll attach the pic again. Just to let everyone know I canceled the order for this when the dealextreme.com post went up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
THis one is the chip one,I thought each buyer will see price and buy cheap.This one is use the Via chip,not rockchip,so you will find speed is slower.can not compare.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts