Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK epadder's, not sleeping in hospital has had a bonus last night I swagged an epad(256 model) for 30 quid including postage !So talk to me about FW's and whats needed to be worked on for it ?Rog - next on my list apad !

·
Registered
143 Posts
[quote name='Roger Calver;49040]OK epadder's' date=' not sleeping in hospital has had a bonus last night I swagged an epad(256 model) for 30 quid including postage !So talk to me about FW's and whats needed to be worked on for it ? [/QUOTE']Hospital is never fun, hope you fully recover soon.If you want an EPad project, then I think many people would welcome a solution to the 'hiberantion' issue.

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im home now got back a few ago, When I get it I will be looking at the code in depth (which gives me time to make a 1.9.1 based vestinious FW).So can you provide me links to the current FW's please ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
[quote name='Roger Calver;49213]Im home now got back a few ago' date=' When I get it I will be looking at the code in depth (which gives me time to make a 1.9.1 based vestinious FW).So can you provide me links to the current FW's please ?[/QUOTE']Here's the current most popular ROM for the EPad : flytouch_1.9_88_rooted_market_v0.2.ZIPand here's the original 'clean' version : http://www.meritline.com/images/document/software/android/Android1.988.zipThe hibernation problem is that the tablet will wake from hibernation at random times regardless of aircraft mode, wireless, sync, sd card or even whether or not everything has been shut down with a task killer.FWIW mine has done it from 1.7.4 when new through to the current 1.9_88.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Roger Calver;49254 said:
So am I correct to say hibernation worked in 1.7.2 but not in later FW's updates ?
Not on mine, it would randomly wake, claim the SD card had unexpectedly been removed, then prepare the SD card.If the card was removed before hibernating then it would just randomly wake up. On mine it's done it from new with 1.7.4 and continues through 1.9_99.It's possibly a hardware issue I suppose, though unlikely.

·
Registered
143 Posts
[quote name='Roger Calver;49260]Thanks' date=' gives me good info to start off with.[/QUOTE']The only other issue I had with the rooted 1.9_99 (can't remember if it was in the clean version too) was that the gravity sensor worked in reverse.I can say that it works much better (less jittery) in 1.9_88 than in earlier versions.However one of the other members, HidePerso, came up with this solution which fixes it:1. Run ConnectBot2. Connect local3. Type: setenv gsensor_axis 0,-1,1,1,2,14. Type: exit5. Reboot PADAre there individual setting adjustments for both the horizontal and vertical axis that can be entered the same way, that you could look at to smooth even further on an individual basis?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just to add on. The Auto Sync settings are missing in 1.9_88 rooted version. Hope you can fix this as well.

·
Firmware Dev
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well when I get it I will be testing things out, shouldn't be to long.As I random thought (Im known for random rubbish spinning round my head), as to the hibernation issue it sounds like something is calling the system to wake it up and that sounds like network.So for a quick test, can someone turn off the wifi by putting it into airplane mode and then hibernate the epad.Rog.

·
Registered
92 Posts
[quote name='Roger Calver;49829]Well when I get it I will be testing things out' date=' shouldn't be to long.As I random thought (Im known for random rubbish spinning round my head), as to the hibernation issue it sounds like something is calling the system to wake it up and that sounds like network.So for a quick test, can someone turn off the wifi by putting it into airplane mode and then hibernate the epad.Rog.[/QUOTE']I tried the airplane mode but it stil wake up wthin 5 sec for me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Roger Calver;49839 said:
OK what about the same with sd card unmounted ?
I tried to unmount the SD card before and the machine still wake up after 10 mins. Hope u can find to solution for all of us.

·
Registered
92 Posts
[quote name='timmy;50163]I tried to unmount the SD card before and the machine still wake up after 10 mins. Hope u can find to solution for all of us. [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE] Roger' date=' can you develop same like the EKEN M001 firmware 1.9.6 and the link is [url']http://www.slatedroid.com/eken-m001-firmware-development/5387-%5B-piece-software-flashed-device-expand-its-functionality%5D-eken-relax-v1-9-6-market-download-ok-no-fix-%5B04-09-10%5D.html[/url]This best thing on this firmware is you don't have to modify the Market application.Good luck and do let us know the good news.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.