Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...Problem is, so far I haven't been able to turn this thing on. I hope it's not broken
Shame because it's the birthday present I got for myself this year. I'm charging it now. Hopefully that's all it needs. Ill just wait till that little red light goes green and give the power button a try. As for the look. It's really beautiful. Black on top with a silver bottom. The right side features two speakers one on each end. The Micro SD slot is on the top right side under a speaker and honestly this thing sucks. Its spring-less like my Acekard2i (if any of you are in the Nintendo DS scene, you know what I'm talking about). The spring-less part wouldn't be as bad if there was a "dip" that would give my finger some leeway to pull out my card. I had to use the tip of a safety pin to get it out. I almost freaked for fear of the card. In the middle of the right side is a iPhone/Pad stile docking port. I got this nifty USB/Ethernet adapter with this thing too. It plugs into the docking port and gives this tablet 2 USB and a Ethernet port. Going lower on the right side are the headphone and charging ports (respectively) and the second speaker. The mic is on the top side across from the volume and menu buttons. The bottom has nothing and the face has the home button on the right of the screen and the camera is on the left with the LED indicator on top of the cam. The top left side has the on/off button. Right now I'm still charging but I'm worried that I might have to send this thing back. Ill give it another hour or so but wish me luck

·
Registered
97 Posts
[quote name='LightyKD;9331]...Problem is' date=' so far I haven't been able to turn this thing on. I hope it's not broken [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/IMG] Shame because it's the birthday present I got for myself this year. I'm charging it now. Hopefully that's all it needs. Ill just wait till that little red light goes green and give the power button a try. As for the look. It's really beautiful. Black on top with a silver bottom. The right side features two speakers one on each end. The Micro SD slot is on the top right side under a speaker and honestly this thing sucks. Its spring-less like my Acekard2i (if any of you are in the Nintendo DS scene, you know what I'm talking about). The spring-less part wouldn't be as bad if there was a "dip" that would give my finger some leeway to pull out my card. I had to use the tip of a safety pin to get it out. I almost freaked for fear of the card. In the middle of the right side is a iPhone/Pad stile docking port. I got this nifty USB/Ethernet adapter with this thing too. It plugs into the docking port and gives this tablet 2 USB and a Ethernet port. Going lower on the right side are the headphone and charging ports (respectively) and the second speaker. The mic is on the top side across from the volume and menu buttons. The bottom has nothing and the face has the home button on the right of the screen and the camera is on the left with the LED indicator on top of the cam. The top left side has the on/off button. Right now I'm still charging but I'm worried that I might have to send this thing back. Ill give it another hour or so but wish me luck [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE'] you didnt get the real apad, you purchased a knock off

·
Registered
1 Posts
HiI got mine today as well, and had the same problem. Of cause you'll have to push the botton from off to on. After that you push and hold the button with the square for about 5 sec.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote name='Smakodak;9394]HiI got mine today as well' date=' and had the same problem. Of cause you'll have to push the botton from off to on. After that you push and hold the button with the square for about 5 sec.[/QUOTE'] *sigh* I'm so frustrated right now! The battery is charged (I guess) but I don't get a green light I try pushing power with and without the charger I get nothing. I don't have the money to ship it back. The closest comp repair place that might be able to do something wants to charge 70 dollars (that's on top of the 163 I paid for this damn thing). Excuse my caps... WORST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!!! I'm just so damn pissed right now that I can cry!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK some advice is needed. Here's the major issue- The unit gives a red light when on charger- The LED does not glow green when taken off the charger- I tried pressing the power button and then the big button with the square (home button?) to turn on the unit with and w/o the charger and I get nothing. I tried "tap power+big button" and "hold power+big button", both solutions do not workI'm wondering it its an issue with the connection to the battery. I can "hold+let go" the power button while the unit is connected to the charger and the red LED will go off and I can do the same action to get the LED to go from blank to red while on charger.What do you people think?

·
Registered
52 Posts
[quote name='LightyKD;9521]OK some advice is needed. Here's the major issue- The unit gives a red light when on charger- The LED does not glow green when taken off the charger- I tried pressing the power button and then the big button with the square (home button?) to turn on the unit with and w/o the charger and I get nothing. I tried "tap power+big button" and "hold power+big button"' date=' both solutions do not workI'm wondering it its an issue with the connection to the battery. I can "hold+let go" the power button while the unit is connected to the charger and the red LED will go off and I can do the same action to get the LED to go from blank to red while on charger.What do you people think?[/QUOTE']It sounds to me like the best thing to do is return it. Since its DOA they should refund or exchange....since it has two speakers its Via chip anyway, you want rockchip....

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote name='davemonfl;9529]It sounds to me like the best thing to do is return it. Since its DOA they should refund or exchange....since it has two speakers its Via chip anyway' date=' you want rockchip....[/QUOTE'] I asked the guy about a refund and now he's trying to ignore me. I had to open a eBay dispute on him. Now I wont hear from eBay until the day after my birthday (next Monday). This pisses me off big time! I basically have a freaking paperweight in a box

·
Registered
97 Posts
LightyKD;9532 said:
I asked the guy about a refund and now he's trying to ignore me. I had to open a eBay dispute on him. Now I wont hear from eBay until the day after my birthday (next Monday). This pisses me off big time! I basically have a freaking paperweight in a box
did you purchase with paypal? if so start a dispute with him through that

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well Ebay sided with the seller so I'm screwed because I DONT have the money to ship the item out
Way to be screwed!

·
Registered
97 Posts
LightyKD;9546 said:
Well Ebay sided with the seller so I'm screwed because I DONT have the money to ship the item out
Way to be screwed!
always, always use paypal

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did use paypal to pay for the shipment. I have a friend who is willing to check the wire-work of the unit. Anyone know where I might find a schematic of this unit?

·
Registered
97 Posts
LightyKD;9549 said:
I did use paypal to pay for the shipment. I have a friend who is willing to check the wire-work of the unit. Anyone know where I might find a schematic of this unit?
then open a dispute with paypal. dont do it with ebay, do it with paypal. they deal with all the money

·
Registered
128 Posts
LightyKD;9549 said:
Paypal will more times than not side with you and pull the cash back from him. Make sure you tell them that you received a defective unit, disputed it with eBay, and now have to go further for action to be taken.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK I tried PayPal this morning. If PayPal doesn't pull through then I'll more likely hold onto the unit and see of my friend can do something about it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts