Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,I've tried two different apps to get the screen to rotate (RotateD and Rotate Screen). When I run either, the screen rotates for about a second and then snaps back to Landscape mode.Am I doing something wrong? Could I have the wrong versions installed? I've tried various launchers (ADW, LauncherPro) and it still doesn't work.

·
Registered
164 Posts
[quote name='Rich;52490]Guys' date='I've tried two different apps to get the screen to rotate (RotateD and Rotate Screen). When I run either, the screen rotates for about a second and then snaps back to Landscape mode.Am I doing something wrong? Could I have the wrong versions installed? I've tried various launchers (ADW, LauncherPro) and it still doesn't work.[/QUOTE'] I toohave the exact problem just a second and no more. Reinsl. App more than once no change...

·
Registered
164 Posts
[quote name='jbmatson;52528]If you have ADW launcher installed you need to turn off the System Persistent option in ADW settings or the rotation won't work. I have no idea why' date=' but that's how it works for me.[/QUOTE']My Sys. Persistent was OFF - UNCHECKED, yet Rotation was NOT working. Then I saw in ADW Launcher "Home ORIENTATION" where i found Landscape selected! I unselected it by clicking on AUTO, and now ROTATEP and L work - they stay selected!Hope this helps all.

·
Banned
205 Posts
bbs.witstech.com.cn/dispbbs.asp?boardID=11&ID=3126 - TranslatorStraight from witstech bbs, you really couldn't find this!install smartbar then install rotatescreenadd rotate screen to the smartbar and you can pull down the notification bar and rotate your screen anytime you want to.the standard launcher only works in landscapeadw and most other homescreen programswork fine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
a80what, yes I read that, did it and when it didn't work I asked for help. Thanks for your assistance.To everyone else: Right, got it!Android system options needs to be set to Auto Rotate.ADW needs to be set to Auto Rotate (it's not by default).ADW also needs to be set to "System Persistent" NO.When all three are set as above it works fine. If any one of them is set to any other option, it fails.Hey, live and learn, man! Massive thanks to vijaykhai who seems to have had the answer al along.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.