Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Just wanted to share my experience. I set my Apad on my table to charge, and tugged on the 3ft short cable a little, and it slid on to the ground for a glorious faceplant. The touchscreen glass shattered. Everything else works though, but I don't know how to skip the calibration during a new flash, so I stopped deving ROMs for now. Hopefully I'll get a shipment next week. I also asked for one from chip3c and was quoted for around $25 after shipping. So yes the Apad is really fragile, but mainly the touchscreen. Everything else is functional!

·
Registered
15 Posts
xaueious, I had my aPad in my front pocket and it did a face plant too from me leaning down to pick something up. It hit my Let's Note laptop (yeah, the unbreakable one) which is ironic, and the touchscreen smashed. I can still use 75% of it, but not too well at all.How easy was it for you to order the replacement? Did you pay via Paypal? chip3c, can you tell us here what we should do for parts?

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was thinking of starting a slate junkyard; buying bricked slates/pads and selling the good parts cheep to members like you who have broken yours and are having trouble finding parts.good idea/bad idea?

·
Registered
15 Posts
rascaldean;17388 said:
But the inside panel is glass
The touchscreen is definitely two very thin sheets of glass. What you have to do is peel back the front plastic layer all around the edges (it's ok, I THINK a new one comes in the post with the new touch screen, although mine hasn't arrived yet) and then find the tiny screws... What you might actually want to do is just punch through the plastic film and find the screws. and then you don't have to worry about scratching your LCD.If your LCD still displays the picture properly underneath, then I recommend the replacement touchscreen, for now.. as your aPad will be back to normal.I originally started 'popping' out the screws, but I've now damaged the thread where they are to screw in and will have trouble when I am to put the new touchscreen on.I've also scratched the LCD underneath, as the shards of broken touch screen were touched/rubbed/scratched against it whilst I was trying to peel the touchscreen off. But these scratches aren't very noticeable once the LCD is on.I am still waiting for my replacement touchscreen (it's currently in: '2010-07-12 20:41:27 - SHANGHAI - Despatch from Sorting Center'), but once I get it, I will take photos and should you how I replace it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.