Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I have received my T7S yesterday and I thought it might be a good idea to let you know what I think about it.

The build quality is average just like Ainol, on the left side the screen gets out of the cover, there must be some kind of glue involved, because when I press it down, it sticks for a few hours.

The hardware quality is much better than Ainol!

Performance is very good (for that price!) - like my Galaxy S3.

The touchscreen is perfect. The hardware buttons seem to be ok.

The display is very good - just like the display in the Ainol Aurora II, but with a higher resolution - maybe the background light is a little bit weaker.

WiFi is ok, max speed i have is 135 Mbit.

Blutooth works without problems, but the transfer rate is not the fastest it is ok for internet surfing. (headset, Internet Sharing over S3)

But as always there is one bad thing - and this is the speaker. The speaker is very weak, without bass - sound quality is terrible! This does not matter for the games, but internet radio or youtube are barely usable with this speaker. Maybe it is just my device, lets hope someone here can tell us their experience.

I did not test the cameras, because I do not need them, but the back camera looks ok even with bad lighting.

If you want be to test anything just let me know.

·
Registered
44 Posts
A quick antutu benchmark maybe? I always wonder how on their website they show that they can reach 16000+ score, while in all the reviews I've read, the best people can get is 14000+

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think he means the screen creaks in one place where it's not fixed properly A lot of the early Google (ASUS) nexus tabs had the same problem

Otherwise the build quality is good for such a cheap tablet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Antutu Score:

Total 14134

CPU 5787
integer 3105
float 2682

GPU 4897
2d 1579
3d 3318

RAM 2545

i/o 905 (internal memory)
Database I/O 550
SD write 150
SD read 205

@viking55
thx for the info will try the dspmanager now!

@dmnt
the build quality is very good for this price.
three corners are perfect, you cannot feel where the screen ends and the frame begins.
on one corner (front camera) you feel that the screen is about max 1mm higher than the frame and you can press it down for a little bit more than 1mm.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just checked my T7s if the screen was higher from any corner, but no. Screen is perfectly fitted from each side. Also about the speaker, I have watched several videos from YouTube and with media player and I think the speaker serves well - it is loud enough and sound is clear.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thank for the benchmark, it's in line with some of the other reviews out there. Wonder how they can reach a score like this while everyone else can't:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice score rsbuffalo, I see you're using the T7s. Is it running at 1.6 GHz out of the box or did you overclock it? The problem is, on the hyundai's T7 benchmark screenshot, we can see that the CPU speed is rated at 1.4GHz. I guess one can achieve such a score if one would overclock it to 1.6GHz, but I never see anyone's T7 running on stock speed which can reach that kind of score. Only hyundai can achieve this magic with their own T7

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just received my T7s today. Installed the CleanRom and over 200 apps. Used Android Tuner to OC. Could probably get 300-500 more points in Antutu if I did some more tweeking. However, I was just was setting-up the OS and testing out all the hardware and ports. Going to to see if I can get an external USB battery working tomorrow and modify a cable to do USB charging. I have the Note II, Odroid-X, and Odroid-U2 all with the same CPU.

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Both of these products work for USB charging:

1) USB Cable Lead Charger Cord Power Supply 2.5mmx0.8mm 2.5x0.8 for Android Tablet
2) Samsung AACP400DBE micro USB Female to 2.5mm DC Barrel Jack Charger Adapter

Links:
1) http://youtu.be/pdz5kCaCRFM.com/itm/400437054699?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
2) http://youtu.be/pdz5kCaCRFM.com/itm/160997106250?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
I just got this a few days ago and This micro usb small Charging adapter works great, now I can charge my T7S with any micro usb phone charger, car, work, ect and no extra wires.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003XWUX40/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
pix to compare tablet size and also what it comes with yay
you are welcome

ps thats 5 nickles and a penny stacked, gives you an idea how thick it is. thats a $20 bill that I was used for a lapdance at babydolls
dont ask where I put them coins

I ordered my T7S thru pandawill
Took exactly a week from the day I odered to receive it in Texas, I did pay extra $15 for fedex to track it. it took 1 days to process and 6 to arrive (international date line)

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wow, one day to process and 6 days to ship? I ordered mine on lightake and waited over week till they collect/process and next few days for shipping (im surprised shipping took 4 or 5 days from China to Poland
).

Anyway im very happy with t7s.

Battery isnt so good but this f you not play games to much it can stay even 6hrs

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was just asking if anyone knew what was pushing the audio in this device. I am really looking at buying one because the price to hardware is fantastic (and I was going to try to learn to develop on this device by trying to build CM10.1 for it once they release the T7s firmware). I was just hoping that it had a Wolfson dac to go along with the Samsung internals so we can hopefully work to get awesome sound mods on this device.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Never seen dedicated screen protector but you can buy i.e for 10"1 and cut it to T7s. I have stock screen protector but its poor quality and the picture on the display osnt so sharp so im thinking to remove it

1 - 20 of 58 Posts