Android Tablets Forum banner

Hyundai T10 or PiPO M9 3G?

18K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  Poil 
#1 ·
Hi,

Which of these tablets Hyundai T10 Exynos 4412 and PiPO M9 3G RK3188 has better performance as in no lags?

Kind Regards,

#2 ·
Not much experience on RK3188, but Exynos is known to be smoother especially in gaming. But I guess quite equal performance these two. At least my T10 runs very smooth. Also, what turned me away from PiPo M9 was its WiFi problems. Again I read people having a lot of problems with WiFi as in random disconnecting and poor reception with M9 even with latest firmware. Or maybe I'm just lucky to have really good WiFi on my T10

#4 ·
What GPS support it has in T10, is it GPS or (w/) AGPS? Do you experience any lags in your T10 especially when you are streaming video in a browser then quickly switching to another app or swiping screen and other similar task/process intensive operation.

#7 ·
The same for me with my twoo exynos 4412 devices on ICS.
Both faster and more smooth as my experience with twoo RK3188 devices on JB.

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
... really good wifi with my T10...
I'm not a great example, as I have an AP/router on 2nd floor, but I have an excellent signal on the ground floor, with stairs, and in a room that is not just below the top one.
'far better than my Pipo M8...

A little question : the url for the hyundai informatik, as i've not the latest firmware ? Thx !

the screen seems to be bad & dirty because I don't remove the protective film...

#19 ·
I have a T10. 3 reasons you shouldn't buy it.

1) The build quality is crap. the touchscreen on mine keeps coming unstuck around the hdmi port area and I have to keep pressing it back in. Also it looks like it was designed by first year college kids.

2) It is still running ICS. You don't have the butter smooth performance of JB. And although the beta JB firmware for the t7 has been released there is nothing for the T10 as yet.

3) Firmware updates and custom firmware. I updated the firmware on my T10 a few days ago and lost the touchscreen functionality altogether. Maybe it was a fluke but there is nothing I can do to fix it. There is absolutely no support and you can only get on the hyundai website if you are in China. As far as custom firmwares are concerned there is nothing out there for either the t7 or the t10.

I would go for the Pipo if I were you. I owned a Pipo M3 movie and sold it to buy the T10. T wish I had just stuck with pipo and got the M9 instead

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
Mine is always perfect... and I don't touch firmware/rom when my tablet runs well.
I prefer a ICS well optimized than a crappy JB (freeze & not smoothy)... and the 1st one is simple and the interface isn't stuffed bullshit (android speciality...).
As the T7 runs on a JB 4.2.2 beta firmware, it'll probably come on T10... but i'm still wonder if I do the upgrade (all I want do, I can...).
I had most of the pipo (M2/M3/M8), and I prefer this T10.
It's not a model to impress friends with the look (I don't care), but very reliable, complete & efficient...

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
An optimised JB Runs circles around ICS any day. I doubt you could optimise ICS on this tablet. It would in all likelihood screw it up.
There is no support from hyundai. You can't even get on their website to contact them. However you can actually contact Pipo and talk to them. The guy who I buy my tablets off of supplier was able to get me a replacement part for my M3 without much hassle.
I only updated mine to the latest firmware and not a modded one. Surely you should be able to do a simple update without problems? Updates are there to fix and improve functionality are they not?
In my opinion the only way the t10 will get a JB uograde is if it becomes popular. I don't see that happening.
It is not just the looks. It is a poorly constructed tablet. The screen won't stay stuck down on the ports side and there are gaps between the top edge and the screen on mine.

There could be points we agree on though. The wifi is the best I have had on any tablet and even bests my Samsung ultrabook. The tilt sensor is so responsive. Rise of glory plays as smoothly as it does on my friends iPad. There is no real discernible light bleed when the screen is set to a black background in a dark room which makes it great for watching movies. The GPS gets a lock pretty quickly. It also has features that other tablets at the same price point lack (GPS, 3g).

I am in no way trying to sway you one way or another. At the end of the day you are going to get what your heart is set on. Good luck with whatever you end up choosing!

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
I agree with your point of view regarding maintenance, but since it works without problem ...
ditto for ICS : no soucy on it, & even for hardware integration ...
To me, these tablets (200€) are extremely short life. Considering the price, I'm not afraid to throw on a soft armchair/couch, bed, allow children to handle, and so on...
It'll be sold in 6 months to buy a new, more recent and powerful model (i've sold 1 Momo, 4 models Pipo - excellent choice, juste the wifi is not fantastic & mkv don't respond as T10, but the sound is better, Cube & 2 others I don't remember - Asus & ?...)
Nothing to do with my Lenovo 230t, which, itself, must take really which must be effective, reliable and long life ... and I hope to buy one soon Kupa x15 ultrabook or an Helix (job).
My T10 perfectly fulfills its role as an extra tablet (but adequate) : no bad surprises and no big weakness...

#24 ·
Mainly in hardware (but software often depends) : for the future touchscreen, USB3, quad or octo-core, miracast & leap-motion-like, and so on ...

To tell you how I work : I bought a lowcost tablet every 6 months. It's almost sold to a colleague, a friend, when it arrives...So I don't lose money on the sale or very little (it's more easy with chinese things
). It's sometimes better than to wait 1 or 2 years - it's unsaleable or with a large loss.
On the other hand, I have an iCore "hybrid" (with keyb./mouse/screen) to replace my workstation, as I don't play anymore (no more expensive graphic cards, SLI & Co.).

...and you ?

Sorry for my bad english writing....

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
Your Engish is just fine.
I have hope that some of the better offerings that we are seeing now have longer life, from the hardware end.
Now we have Jelly Bean, which I see as the first Android OS that really makes tabs work well.
It is like when I went from Windows XP to Win7. Once I got to 7, I saw little need to go to 8, as Win7 does all I need. Once I get a tab that really works well with Jelly Bean, I see little need to be anxious about moving to Key Lime Pie.
Now we have better screens by makers such as LG ..even Samsung is getting into the game with the Exynos., clearly a superior part. So if we can have longer life ..hardware wise, then the OS should take care of itself. I have no idea about main boards and chipsets, but I would think they would be improved as well as we go forward.
An example. If I buy a well built tab from ..say Smartq, Ramos ...maybe Ployer or Pipo ..and then later that tab is not supported that well with updates, I can be perfectly happy with Android 4.1 or .2 for a long period, as long as the tab is fairly trustworthy in the way it's built.
Hope that makes some sense. I tend to get a bit wordy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.