Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Us Texans are great, eh!After studying various post and resigning myself to having invested in a non working modem for my M003 1.7.4, it was no problem at all. I first activated the E-220 on my Windows laptop, here at "Static "I assigned the APN ( epc.tmobile.com), left all the other boxes blank, selected "1900 GSM only", and disconnected from laptop. Loaded my t-mobile sim into the E220...Plugged Huawei E220 into Eken M003 1.7.4, powered it up, selected Settings, then Wireless and 3G. Left every single box blank and clicked on Connect. My Dolphin Browser connected easily on 4 bars but not on 1 bar - in short, it requires a strong connection via EDGE. The previous comments by another post referred to working only in China as there is no place to enter new APN. I believe that was done when activated on laptop in Windows7, I believe.I have the t-mobile unlimited data service (unlocked iphone) here in the US - for $ 9.95, but that's because I am grandfathered. Won't plan any changes at that price...By the way, I purchased the Huawei E220 2 weeks ago on ebay, seller I.D. " 24okbuy "- it took 3 weeks, but hey...all is well!Now, if someone can tell tell me how to adhoc tether my M003 to iphone 3GS iOS 4.0 (which works on an ipad), let me know. That is one M003 area I have not yet mastered, despit being a SU and so on. But, it might be the kernel, because the warning message upon activating refers to the infamous " Netfilter" - HELP!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, original Kernel...I am using zeromod's custom firmware I downloaded from here at Slatedroid. However, did you follow each of my steps. such as initializing the E220 in Windows with eps.tmobile.com as APN...leaving the rest blank. Then connect to M003 and initializing "3G" (in FW 1.7.4 as well) under Settings and everything else blank in all of the boxes?? Good reception a must! Lastly, you need an unlimited t-mobile data plan...BTW - once E220 going on M003, you'll see on the top " 3G.." with up/down arrows...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.