Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may be aware of my firmware upgrade post, which contains everything necessary to upgrade our tablet to Singularity v5 but I have noticed there seem to be quite a few people that have reverted to other firmwares due to any\all of the following problems:

1. The wifi does not work
2. The battery life is poor due to sleep mode issues
3. The camera does not work and generates a force close error

With the above in mind, I may revise my upgrade kit and thread to alternative firmwares but before I do this I would really like to hear from you guys on what firmware versions you are running and why ...

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
currently I'm sticking to stock FW because everything is working fine.

waiting for stable custom FW though, my experience using android phone with stable-overclocked-costum FW give me much better experience compared to stock FW. The reason I don't try singularity v5 is that there still bugs like those you mention.

Hope for a better homescreen and app drawer look though, I've tried installing ADW, Go launcher and VTL laucher, but none satisfy me. Except VTL, all of them made my app drawer look ugly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I currently stick with SS V.4, since I have some problems as mentioned about SS V.5. However, SS V.4 also has some problems with standby mode, every time, it goes standby, it is really hard awake it, some time, I need to use paper clip to press the reset button, and turn on the device again. Or sometime, after awake the device the touch screen does not respond, need long press the power to turn off the device and turn it on again, all these things are really annoying me, It would be best if you can find other alternative customs F.W.....
Thanks for your hard work!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm stuck at the stock firmware

HT_PAD1051
Android version
Baseband version
Unknown
Kernel version
Build number
HT_PAD1051_1.6U2GuCoWL_Final release keys

This stock firmware doesn't allow me to update to Slatedroid since I have no MAC address available after the update (V4 + V5, haven't tested other versions)
For me everything works well accept the system isn't the fastest available, I'm not quite sure if the Slatedroid firmware gives the user a nice cpu boost :) but I do have a lot off apps not responding, but that's a bit off topic I recon

Keep up the good work Navster... hope Gingerbread will be there soon

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi all, I'm running the factory FW: HT_PAD1051_1.6U2GuCoWL_Final release keys. This firmware woks fine but is a bit slower than the singularity I tried (v3, v4 & v5), I was back to it because the singularity doesn't work wih wifi.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi navster,

After trying several firmware versions, including singularity v4 and v5 on my M10 16GB
I had to turn back to the original factory firmware due to WIFI not working. I am hoping
on a stable firmware update. Thanks for all you posts and efforts so far.

·
Super Moderator
3,224 Posts
Not sure but I think only Huawei Modems are supported.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure but I think only Huawei Modems are supported.
I was not able to get any 3g modem working on singularity (v5).
After the move to HT_PAD1051_1.6U1GuCgWL_Final release-keys my huawei e169 works perfect.
Make sure that the modem is plugged in before booting!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi navster,

After trying several firmware versions, including singularity v4 and v5 on my M10 16GB
I had to turn back to the original factory firmware due to WIFI not working. I am hoping
on a stable firmware update. Thanks for all you posts and efforts so far.
Can anyone send me the original Firmware or give me an link to get it, I'm stuck aswell with no Mac adress and Wifi.
Greetz Hans

·
Registered
6 Posts
Some of you may be aware of my firmware upgrade post, which contains everything necessary to upgrade our tablet to Singularity v5 but I have noticed there seem to be quite a few people that have reverted to other firmwares due to any\all of the following problems:

1. The wifi does not work
2. The battery life is poor due to sleep mode issues
3. The camera does not work and generates a force close error

With the above in mind, I may revise my upgrade kit and thread to alternative firmwares but before I do this I would really like to hear from you guys on what firmware versions you are running and why ...

Thanks in advance.
--------------------------------------------

I hope this is of use to you.
I'm new to the forum and new to android and trying to find out how to correct an error when trying to flash to ClockworkMod Recovery using ROM Manager Premium v4.5.0.1.
Error relates to SD card and internet connection. Internet connection is solid. There is space on teh SD card, but perhaps teh partitioning is teh problem. File explorers read the available memory as external storage.
Anyway, build number HT_PAD1051_V1.4-eng2.2FRF85B eng.tianfeng.20110225.185109

Thanks for any help you can provide in pointing me to the correct forum / thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts