Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive my stupidity, but I belong to a dif. world! I just can not undst. what is being said in " wifi through cdma hero to the a81-e " ! All I gather THEY ( the clever ones ) have been SUCCESSFUL to use the 81E via their phone - NOT thru WIFI. Right or wrong?If right, can that success be extended for use of USB Modem ? PLE..ASE say yes, and kindly provide the details - I will buy you a beer ( even a couple). I am only in West Africa per my 81E GPS!! Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have heard that there is mobile phone software that can enable your mobile phone to become a wifi access point meaning you should be able to find it by searching for wifi via the wits a81e, tablets are having issues with usb dongles at present with compatability issues etc, there is also another device called mifi which is like a usb dongle but its a battery operated mobile broadband device that acts like a wifi hub although I have no idea if this will be available in your country also this is all just things that i've read on the forums I do not currently own a tablet.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI - You don't own a tablet, and yet you are taking all this trouble - damn decent of you. Well did you read the thread " wifi through cdma hero to the a81-e " above - based on that do you think a USB Modem can be used to link to Internet? Thanks anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.