Android Tablets Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st go our download section and get the updated firmware:pWe are waiting for the updated firmware the version they have now is known to break the wifi :mad:ImportantFile must be copied to the SD card in the original, zipped format. Do not unzip prior to loading on your SD card.1) Power down your Pandigital Novel. 2) Insert the SD card containing the update file into the SD card slot. 3) Press POWER and VOL+ simultaneously and hold for 5 seconds. 4) Your Pandigital Novel will begin the update process automatically. You should see the Pandigital Novel welcome screen followed by an upgrade progress indicator.Your Pandigital Novel will automatically reboot once the update is complete.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Question: How long does it take for the new firmware to install and the device to reboot/restart? I tried last night, and got the droid cartoon image with a yellow warning triangle symbol that stayed put for at least an hour. What should a proper upgrade screen look like?Thanks!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
[quote name='cleireac;27959]Question: How long does it take for the new firmware to install and the device to reboot/restart? I tried last night' date=' and got the droid cartoon image with a yellow warning triangle symbol that stayed put for at least an hour. What should a proper upgrade screen look like?Thanks![/QUOTE'] It has a progress bar. The exclamation means something went wrong. Backup and reformat your SD card, put the zip file on it again, and take another shot.If all else fails, I would say to remove the SD, put the zip on the internal memory (PD_Novel), and do the recovery. That has ALWAYS worked for me, I just prefer to run it from the SD card when possible.

·
Registered
784 Posts
If you still have the "same" file on the card, chances are pretty good that there is something wrong with it. Delete it and download again, checking to make sure that the file size is correct! Flashing the ROM shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.

·
Registered
104 Posts
One thing I found (from the mac world side of things) was that the PDN liked SDcards that were formatted in it. If I formatted the card on the mac, even as FAT, the PDN didn't seem to like to do the firmware upgrade, or even see the new internal sdcard correctly.ONLY by formatting the cards in the PDN, and then pushing the required files onto said SDcards did things work correctly. FYI.Might be worthwhile to mention in the instructions if people are having problems.

·
Registered
51 Posts
[quote name='geebekazoo;28636]If you still have the "same" file on the card' date=' chances are pretty good that there is something wrong with it. Delete it and download again, checking to make sure that the file size is correct! Flashing the ROM shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.[/QUOTE'] What I meant when I said I had the same file was that the current firmware and the update on the card looked to be the same - the 10-07-05b version. I have since dl'ed two more (including the infamous 10-07-24 version). I'm still having issues, but I think it may be that the SD card needs to be formatted in the PDN. How do I do that?Thanks!

·
Registered
784 Posts
[quote name='cleireac;28960]What I meant when I said I had the same file was that the current firmware and the update on the card looked to be the same - the 10-07-05b version. I have since dl'ed two more (including the infamous 10-07-24 version). I'm still having issues' date=' but I think it may be that the SD card needs to be formatted in the PDN. How do I do that?Thanks![/QUOTE']If you have hacked your PDN, click on the settings icon (hammer & wrench), select the "SD card & phone settings" option. You'll then see an option for "Format SD card" (which most likely will be greyed out). Select "Unmount SD card" first. Once unmounted, the option to format will become available.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Wineaux;29117 said:
The latest firmware is from 7/24 and made a real difference for me.
Same here, wifi seems much better for me in this version and that was my main problem all along...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Aahh! I figured it out! For some reason, there were additional files on the SD card and the Download folder on the PDN. I had to delete the extra files (a LOST.DIR folder and an empty text file on the SD card), making sure that both directories were empty, then dl the firmware update to the card, then run the update process.This time it worked like a charm!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.