Android Tablets Forum banner
881 - 900 of 940 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
After a combination of files (u-boot/usb_spl) i manage to load including the original Odys u-boot.bin (from firmware v1.05) but on boot executing command, the tablet is disconecting and the usb burning tool start scannig for tablet restart? This is the way aml burning tool is working (loading boot, starting boot, disconect and reconnect the tablet or do i miss something in burning script.

<progress_configs>
<command sn="0" path="usb_spl.bin" address="0xd9000000" run="true">load spl</command>
<command sn="1" path="u-boot-orig.bin" address="0x8f800000" run="true">load uboot</command>
<command sn="2" >crc 0x8f800000 size value</command>
<command sn="3" >run 0x8f800000</command>
<command sn="4">set_chgcur 0</command>
<command sn="5">video dev bl_off</command>
<command sn="6">video dev disable</command>
<command sn="7">sf probe 2</command>
<command sn="8">sf erase 0 100000</command>
<command sn="9">nand erase 4000000</command>
<command sn="10">defenv</command>
<command sn="11">setenv bootargs ${bootargs} a9_clk_max=600000000</command>
<command sn="12" cmd="setenv recovery_command --usb_burning" address="0x82000000">load addr</command>
<command sn="13">cmd_in_mem 0x82000000</command>
<command sn="14">save</command>
<command sn="15" path="uImage_usb_burning" address="0x82000000" run="false">load uimage</command>
<command sn="16">bootm 0x82000000</command>
<command sn="17">wipe_data</command>
<command sn="18">wipe_cache</command>
<command sn="19" count="150">update:crystal_clear_batch3_recovery.zip</command>
<command sn="20" count="150">update:crystal-clear-gapps-jb-20121011_v1.1_signed.zip</command>
<command sn="21">copy_media</command>
<command sn="22">shutdown</command>
</progress_configs>

·
Super Moderator
1,185 Posts
After a combination of files (u-boot/usb_spl) i manage to load including the original Odys u-boot.bin (from firmware v1.05) but on boot executing command, the tablet is disconecting and the usb burning tool start scannig for tablet restart? This is the way aml burning tool is working (loading boot, starting boot, disconect and reconnect the tablet or do i miss something in burning script.
The sdcard's u-boot (= bootloader.img) doesn't work. The u-boot-orig is a bigger file +400KB (the bootloader is partly UCL packed).

It might be safer to try the "Deep Brick to SD Card Alternative" method first before the USB burning tool.
That is, sd card method plus connecting left side pins 7-8 and pressing power at the same time.
Some suggest using power and volume down so it goes into recovery.
Try that too (although I think that it might need a working bootloader on nand.)

·
Super Moderator
1,185 Posts
Hey!
Which pin can I bridge?
It is a Manta MID710 with AmLogic procesor.
Thanks!
Power + VolUp or Power + Home are usually the buttons that puts it to the correct
mode for the tool. Or flash memory's right-side pins 6-7 if that doesn't work.
Better instructions are on the first page of this thread.

The firmware at their forum contains the usb burning tool
and files needed. Or you can just try flashing the ota zip
in recovery if it works. Or try the reset "hole" before that.

Firmware: http://www.manta.info.pl/forum/mid710-firmware/mid710-firmware-fabryczne/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for fast reply! :>

USB Burning Tool stops on the 78%, step 17.
In that moment, WorldCup Device disappear, and apper Mid710 usb mass storage.
Recovery not working, when I power up this tablet, I see blank, black screen.

Can You mark on this photo which pins can I bridge?

Sorry for my English :D

·
Super Moderator
1,185 Posts
About there is the spot.. might not help as you already are able to boot it right.
so74f12.gif

Although sometimes there is a soft mode and hard one which only activates
when there is a bigger problem, like a short circuit between some pins ( = a hardware failure).
(for example Actions' SOCs behave like this)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanx CXZ. Before your post i really did manage to unbrick my odys opos. I'm not shure what was working :)).

I modify the progrex script - after loading boot, all line deleted and final comand closed.

My original u-boot.bin was loaded ... error on usb burning tool (because of the script :)) and conection closed.

I've heated up a litle bit the flash on my board with a hair-dryer and shorted the 5-6 pin (from left to right) +power for 10 sec - and i;ve got back the conection with the my PC.

I flashed on SD the original firmware (older version 1.05) using the original SD flashing tool.

I place the SD in the tablet, Power 10 sec for shuting down, power 10 sec for power up and ... the androind loading logo was on !

PS : in this time i soft unbricked also 3 other tablets :))) ( Lelik tech avalon 7, Overmax 10tb, Evolio Aria 9.7) :)))

I think is starting to enjoy me ... to resurect dead tablets :)))

Sorry for my bad english,

·
Banned
4 Posts
I have a question. I thinking about buying tablet which is soft bricked, and stucks at producer's logo. On this Amlogic chip.

Is it immediately necessary to follow these listed steps, instead of just doing wipe data / factory reset in stock recovery?

It doesn't work or something?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I try to unbrick Aurora II occasionally more than a year. During this time I have got black screen and green droid a lot of time. I have tried all the ways found on the Internet. Does not work.
When I try to unbrick from SD card - flash freezes. Sometimes I can enter in firmware selection mode - flash freezes at rebooting step. I have tried different firmwares.
When I try to unbrick by burning through AML burning tool, burning process reaches only the step when in Device Manager must appear flash drive. It does not appear. Perhaps the problem is in the flash drive. Answer me who knows please how to solve this problem.
p.s. win7 eng, win xp eng - drive does not appear. At that point where the drive should appear unknown device and burning produces error appears.
P.p.s. can anyone have update.zip that accurately brings burning to 100% without SD card flashing?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I'm trying to restore Ainol Crystal Batch 3 SH: 130108. Connect the device to a computer is shown as M3 / M6 chip.
Using the method fldc, usb_rekoveri.zip after installation, the device will not boot into recovery mode. On the SD card recorded the TWPP: http://www.mediafire.com/download/gptkz49zdaig9l8/TWRP-v2.4.1.0-crystal_3rd_batch-switched.rar,. Only the screen flashed.
In short NAND pin7-8 + "power" button, the tablet begins to set elf2_0527. Now I see the green android
The tablet is not loaded. If you hold the button, volume + and power, displayed an android, and the screen turns off. If the memory card has TWPP, the screen with the green android reduces light. I guess it was a bad loading TWPP. ADB connection is not available.
Help restore the tablet.
Sorry for my bad English.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I'm really confused! I hard bricked my Prestigio PMP 3870C_DUO (Black screen). I successfully installed drivers and device is recognized as World Cup Device. I can see it in Amlogic Burning tool v1.6.22 (Win7 64bit). But when I read manual step 2 "hard" bricked I can not find 1212_AML_burn_recovery.zip file. Where can I download the file or is there any newer file available?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a batch 3 "hard" bricked crystal.............i have followed all the steps as mentioned by fuser but i am getting stuck at one particular moment where we have to use the upgrade file in AML Burn Tool.....Here is the log -

current pc version is: xp
current tool version is: v1.6.2.0128
------importUpgradeFile-----filenameC:\Users\plays\Downloads\Compressed\AML FLASH.zip
[T 0][12:55:59]: load spl ...
[T 0][12:56:00]: Transfer Complete! total size is 18456 Bytes
[T 0][12:56:09]: load uboot ...
[T 0][12:56:09]: Transfer Complete! total size is 500608 Bytes
[T 0][12:56:18]: erase nand, you are in erase mode: nand rom_protect off;nand scrub 0;poweroff
[T 0][12:56:18]: sendCommandWithReply: nand rom_protect off;nand scrub 0;poweroff maxCount:0
[T 0][12:56:41]: load spl ...
[T 0][12:56:42]: Transfer Complete! total size is 18456 Bytes
[T 0][12:56:51]: load uboot ...
[T 0][12:56:51]: Transfer Complete! total size is 500608 Bytes
[T 0][12:57:02]: test command exec: crc 0x8f800000 500608 8b4ba96e
[T 0][12:57:02]: command exec: crc 0x8f800000 500608 8b4ba96e
[T 0][12:57:02]: sendCommandWithReply: crc 0x8f800000 500608 8b4ba96e maxCount:30
[T 0][12:57:02]: command exec once more: load uboot
[T 0][12:57:03]: load uboot ...
[T 0][12:57:04]: test command exec: crc 0x8f800000 500608 8b4ba96e
[T 0][12:57:07]: command exec:set_chgcur 0
[T 0][12:57:08]: command exec:video dev bl_off
[T 0][12:57:10]: command exec:video dev disable
[T 0][12:57:11]: command exec:sf probe 2
[T 0][12:57:12]: command exec:sf erase 0 100000
[T 0][12:57:13]: command exec:nand erase 4000000
[T 0][12:57:26]: command exec:defenv
[T 0][12:57:27]: command exec:setenv bootargs ${bootargs} a9_clk_max=600000000
[T 0][12:57:28]: load command: setenv recovery_command --usb_burning
[T 0][12:57:29]: command exec:cmd_in_mem 0x82000000
[T 0][12:57:30]: command exec:save
[T 0][12:57:31]: load uimage ...
[T 0][12:57:36]: Transfer Complete! total size is 4002649 Bytes
[T 0][12:57:42]: test command exec: crc 0x82000000 4002649 bd77e8c3
[T 0][12:57:42]: command exec: crc 0x82000000 4002649 bd77e8c3
[T 0][12:57:42]: sendCommandWithReply: crc 0x82000000 4002649 bd77e8c3 maxCount:30
[T 0][12:57:43]: command exec:bootm 0x82000000
[T 0][12:57:45]: boot uImage ...
[T 0][12:58:19]: cannot find disk! 30times
[T 0][12:58:20]: failed because no connected device ,current step is 18
X:/03.24.12.58_AML FLASH_manual.log
success:0 failed:1 failed postion: s18:1

Could anyone please help me ? It would be highly appreciative......and thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread....its highly informational... :good:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry, I haven't been getting notifications for my threads and haven't figured out why yet.

@ aenima - You would either need an official AML USB Software package or would need to attempt to build your own from existing firmware releases.

@ mdennyh - You need to use the FLDC method for Batch 3 Crystal Tablets.

@ ghoul3003 - There is no official firmware package for the Mars. I've tried several times with people to get one working with the AML USB Software but none have worked.
Hi fuser! its been a while i hope your things got a bit better from since til now. First of all thank you so much for your support its appreciated. Still didnt have no success with my viewpad e72 wich its completely dead. I got stuck in the flashing process wich i presume im doing it wrong...i dont understand what u ment with "oficial AML usb package"

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #895 ·
Life is still very busy. Lots of crazy good growth at work but little free time. An official AML sub package is hard to come by because they don't release them for most products. It is a package released by the manufacturer specifically for unbricking devices using the AML (Amlogic) usb software. It's sometimes possible to unbrick without one but tends to be very difficult and takes some trial and error.

Hi fuser! its been a while i hope your things got a bit better from since til now. First of all thank you so much for your support its appreciated. Still didnt have no success with my viewpad e72 wich its completely dead. I got stuck in the flashing process wich i presume im doing it wrong...i dont understand what u ment with "oficial AML usb package"
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all.

I have an experience of unbricking of Nextbook NX007HD8G (it was flashed with something wrong, and even not booted). Nothing of mentioned methods helps me to unbrick it.

I found firmware update pack Next7HD8G_SMT_Stock_Rom_081213-signed.zip, modified recovery SMT_TWRP_Next7HD8G-NXM7000NBD_WMN.zip, USB Burning Tool 1.6.2.0128 and archive with USB recovery software for some Amlogic MX TV box (with usb_spl.bin, u-boot-orig.bin, uImage_recovery that supports flashing via USB, and script).

Main trouble was that uImage_recovery had different mtdblock map. And serial console helps me too much to investigate what happens.

So let's start. We have a device with trash in ROM, that tries to load and hangs.

1. Power off the device (ensure that CPU is cold), short-circuit two pins on flash like in first post, and connect device to PC. It should be detected as USB device.

2. Install drivers from USB burning tool, connect to device

3. Place usb_spl.bin, u-boot-orig.bin and uImage_recovery into folder with scripts, and run erase flash (config_progress_erase.xml)

4. Wait till device rebooted. If all is OK - it'll appear as USB device again.

5. Place firmware .zip as update.zip and run that script:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<progress_configs>
<command sn="0" path="usb_spl.bin" address="0xd9000000" run="true">load spl</command>
<command sn="1" path="u-boot-orig.bin" address="0x8f800000" run="false">load uboot</command>
<command sn="2">run 0x8f800000</command>
<command sn="3">defenv</command>
<command sn="4">nand rom_protect off</command>
<command sn="5">nand scrub 0</command>
<command sn="6" cmd="setenv recovery_command --usb_burning" address="0x82000000">load addr</command>
<command sn="7">cmd_in_mem 0x82000000</command>
<command sn="8" path="uImage_recovery" address="0x82000000" run="false">load uimage</command>
<command sn="9">bootm 0x82000000</command>
<command sn="10">wipe_data</command>
<command sn="11">wipe_cache</command>
<command sn="12" count="300">update:update.zip</command>
<command sn="13">reset</command>
</progress_configs>

Additional ROM erase (steps 4,5) added to force erasing default environment created by this uboot.

6. Wait till device rebooted. If you are lucky - device will power on. But if you are unlucky (like I), you'll have MTD map mismatching between native uboot/kernel and kernel from USB recovery uImage. So firmware pieces are placed in wrong places. It's bad, but you already have live native (!!) boot loader on internal flash, and it can boot something useful!

7. Prepare MicroSD flash. Place on it TWRP (from SMT_TWRP_Next7HD8G-NXM7000NBD_WMN.zip) and native firmware update pack. Insert it into device and reboot it.

8. Voila! uboot tries to load OS fron internal flash, fails, and after a while tried to load recovery from MicroSD! Just select firmware on SD card, and flash it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello

plz help me :help:

my tablet

model no:NEXT7P12-8G

FCC ID:S7JNEXT7P12-8G

on main board : M712MC-MB

the chip : aml 8726-m3

when i put micro usb the red light turn on and on computer M3-chip and i search for driver and now on computer worldcup device

my problem is the tab wont turn on normaly or recovery stuck like this read on computer only worldcup device and red light "sorry for bad english"

·
Super Moderator
1,185 Posts
hello
plz help me :help:
my tablet
model no:NEXT7P12-8G
FCC ID:S7JNEXT7P12-8G
on main board : M712MC-MB
the chip : aml 8726-m3
when i put micro usb the red light turn on and on computer M3-chip and i search for driver and now on computer worldcup device
my problem is the tab wont turn on normaly or recovery stuck like this read on computer only worldcup device and red light "sorry for bad english"
Shaunmt (freaktab, here too) has done a lot of stuff for these but what I searched,
your tablet's firmware is not available.

Your could try my new USB Dumper package if it can save something from it.
https://yadi.sk/d/uYlGVY3H3F5Kue

Bootloader must be ok. If not, maybe you can make a bootable sd card using
a bootloader taken from another batch firmware. Partitioning must match.
Then leave sd card otherwise empty and it will boot into usb burning mode.
System and boot (recovery) are at least needed.

edit: dumper offline, as it has some problem dumping system partition because

of a factory bad block. Every one of these amlogic devices seem to have it, so

it's planted there on purpose. Also if one dumps system with dd, that bad block

shows as nulls. So, dumping works but some extracting is needed for restoring.

I'll do some tests if there is another way, and if it slows the procedure down.

edit2: dumper now updated and rereleashed. See this thread

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/111538-tools-usb-dumper-tools-package-for-aml8726mx-by-cxz

·
Super Moderator
1,185 Posts
[hr]Flashing using bootable sd card method, wiping helps[hr]
I tested wiping (erasing/scrubbing) on my Ainol Crystal. It seems to be safe enough.
I really messed it up first by writing it over and erasing bootloader only partly
so it eventually was like dead. Then I had to short some pins to make it alive again.
At some point the partitioning changed and a lots of bad blocks emerged.
Then flashing seemed like it was working but it was probably written to wrong places.
Result was a black screen, backlight on. Wiping fixed the partitioning issue.

Both erasing and scrubbing worked about the same. After scrub it booted from the sd card
easily and flash was done as expected.

Made some aml_autoscripts for wiping. Pretty much the same as others out there,
but just a bit flashier. Download the package from here: https://yadi.sk/d/UhNiuoHE3ErDKz
Read the readme inside. There is some instructions for usage.

#brick #unbricking #amlogic #8726mx #sdcard #aml_autoscript

Use these scripts at your own risk - and remember to remove after using!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

erase\aml_autoscript - for erasing the nand flash (amlogic 8726mx)
scrub\aml_autoscript - for scrubbing the nand flash (amlogic 8726mx)
scrub_detect\aml_autoscript - scrubs and detects bad blocks
shutdown-after\* - versions that shutdown device after erasing/scrubbing.
shutdown-after-always-wipe\* - versions that always wipe and shutdown after.

From the source code: Warning: scrub will erase all factory set bad blocks!
So it might be better to try eraser first. Then again if there is a lot of
bad blocks (dmesg) they might be false. Then scrub can fix them.
Also some say that factory set bad blocks aren't erased.

The one in the scrub_detect folder first scrubs and then tries to
detect bad blocks again. In the source code there is comment that
amlogic uses a stupid way to detect bad blocks, so I don't know is
scrub_detect any better - or safer.

The erase version does not remove bad blocks.

When tested in Ainol Crystal (batch2) they all gave the same result.
One bad block always persisted.

------
Usage:
------
Make a bootable sdcard. For windows amlogic has own tool.
Download: https://yadi.sk/d/LsRKxIj6CRpvY
1. Run it having admin rights.
2. Carefully select the right disk.
3. Check the repartition check box
4. Find your u-boot.bin (=bootloader.img) file
5. Click "Make a boot card"
6. Format it to FAT32 when asked
(Linux: http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/95977-howto-create-a-rescue-sd-card)

Put the aml_autoscript to the root of that sdcard.
Extract your firmware package that contains the update zip file - and usually
uImage_recovery (or recovery.img) and factory_update_param.aml files - to the
root as well. (If having a Zenithink tabletput it to the /zt-update folder)
So now you have at least these three files on sdcard: aml_autoscript, stock recovery
and your update zip file. Now boot into the recovery mode.

Screen flashes before and after the erasing/scrubbing. After that the device is reset
and flashing starts. (If boot from the sdcard was done forcefully by connecting pins,
then flashing might fail and happens again and again. Then connect USB cable which
puts it into the usb-burning mode. Then disconnect cable and restart the device. If
the wiping was done, flashing should now continue. Scripts in the shutdown-after folder
might prevent this looping. If always-wipe script was used, remove it before restarting.)

If recovery is found (uImage_recovery or recovery.img) u-boot will boot it.
(If Zenithink then zt-update/recovery.img or zt-update/uImage_recovery)
If factory_update_param.aml is found recovery flashes the update zip automatically.

Remember to remove aml_autoscript from the sdcard or erasing/scrubbing
happens again when entering into recovery mode later.

- cxz (slatedroid)
http://cxzstuff.blogspot.com

881 - 900 of 940 Posts