Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This had been in my mind ever since i started using the tab (iball slide).
The unmount sd card option in storage setting unmounts intrnal sd card ryt..or it unmounts extsd,udisk also?..

Earlier i used to just pop out extsd and usbs..recently only i came to know that the slide supports usb hdd too..( the stock rom did not support afaik, but the custom roms do!).my goflex seagate 500gb hdd without external power works fyn..can play muvies smoothly too.just fearing to pull out the usb hdds the crude way..any way to safely unmount?..

Thanks in advance and please forgive if the entire question was so silly!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AFAIK there's no way of doing this from GUI.
You could use a terminal emulator (on a rooted device): "umount -l /dev/block/sda".
oh..thanks for the reply sir
So all ppl(including me) are simple pulling the wires?.or do the awesome developers out here use these command .
.isnt there any hope of a small app or shortcut that runs this command frm gui?..is it that no one tried (mayb not worth tryng) or is it just impossible..?

One mor query(sorry,not really relevant to the Orig post) :- Do the stock rom really donot support usb hdd?..i didnt chek that properly before flashing the beautiful custom roms, and i dont wish to flash the stock rom again to confirm it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.