Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Firstly Thanks to jtbnet for root access to the Device via SuperUser. http://www.slatedroid.com/zt-180/4241-root-access.htmlForgive me but I'm going to try to make this simple as I can for users not familiar with ADB.Files needed:Android SDKSuperuser FilesBoot AnimationFirstly Install Android SDK & allow it to Update.Place this folder (android-sdk-windows) directly in your C: DriveNOTE: all files to be pushed/installed via ADB need to be placed in the Tools Folder of Android SDK as below:
Users that have Upgraded to Firmware 818 will need to disable ADB over USB with the following command:Firstly connect your Tablet via USB thentype:adb tcpip 5555Now disconnect the USB Cable:You should now be able to use ADB over TCP/IPFirstly find the IP Address of your Tablet: Settings/Wireless Controls/WIFI Settings & click on your AP to see the IP Add connected to.To install SuperUser via ADB:Open a Command Prompt.Type or cut & paste the following:cd/cd C:android-sdk-windowstools (make sure this is where you have installed android SDK) directly in the C: Drive)adb connect <your Tablets IP Address but mine is shown below> :5555adb -s 192.168.1.102:5555 install Superuser.apkadb -s 192.168.1.102:5555 shell# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system# ln -s /system/xbin/su /system/bin/su# exitadb -s 192.168.1.102:5555 push su /system/xbinadb -s 192.168.1.102:5555 shell# chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su# rebootI found that the Tablet would not reboot by itself & got stuck so I used the Soft rest hole to reboot after above procedure.To Install Boot Animation via ADB:Now connect back to your device as below type:adb connect <your Tablets IP Address >:5555adb push bootanimation.zip /data/localReboot Tablet.

·
Registered
120 Posts
[quote name='Laharl;32726]Will any boot animation work?I have a few for my Samsung Moment and I wanted to know if they would work the same as that one you have.[/QUOTE]Think any boot animation will work as this comes from the Nexus One mobile theme' date=' just adb push it & see what happens, if its no good I've found it just boots the usual boot animation.Also have a look around on XDA here: [URL=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=640231'][Boot Animation] Win7 Nexus - xda-developers[/URL]Search for your phone as they may have one packaged up alreadyJust remember to remove each one after with: adb shell rm /data/local/yourfile.zip

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maric;32752 said:
wwilde how did you get the driver to install on windows 7 I get it to recognize the tablet but it wont allow me to install the driver that came with 0708. Thanks.
This method does not use a driver but connects to your tablet via your router/network, that's why we use IP Addresses in the command.There is no USB Driver that I know of for this device so we are connecting through the network.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote name='hipditch;32934]When I open SDK setup it automatically tried to update and it fails the message says"Failed to fetch URL [URL]https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/repository.xml[/URL]' date=' reason: HTTPS SSL error. You might want to force download through HTTP in the settings."How can I get it to update? And it is on my C drive. Sorry guys if this is a stupid question[/QUOTE']Hi, Go to the "Settings" tab & under "Misc" check "Force https://...sources to be fetched using http://..."

·
Registered
44 Posts
hello wwilde,i have follow your guide to install superuser.apk on zt-180, but when i try to connect from command prompt "C:android-sdk-windowstools" with command "adb connect 192.168.0.7:5555" it says "adb server is out of date. killing.... *daemon started successfully* unable to connect to 192.168.0.7:5555" what could be the problem?? btw i'm running 0818 ROM, thanks in advanced

·
Registered
439 Posts
[quote name='netrevolver;41706]hello wwilde' date='i have follow your guide to install superuser.apk on zt-180, but when i try to connect from command prompt "C:android-sdk-windowstools" with command "adb connect 192.168.0.7:5555" it says "adb server is out of date. killing.... *daemon started successfully* unable to connect to 192.168.0.7:5555" what could be the problem?? btw i'm running 0818 ROM, thanks in advanced[/QUOTE']I imagine you've already connected your ZT-180 via USB to your PC and typed "adb tcpip 5555" to enable adb over wifi?0818 disables adb of wifi by default and enables adb over usb.

·
Registered
120 Posts
[quote name='netrevolver;41706]hello wwilde' date='i have follow your guide to install superuser.apk on zt-180, but when i try to connect from command prompt "C:android-sdk-windowstools" with command "adb connect 192.168.0.7:5555" it says "adb server is out of date. killing.... *daemon started successfully* unable to connect to 192.168.0.7:5555" what could be the problem?? btw i'm running 0818 ROM, thanks in advanced[/QUOTE']How long ago did you install ADB?as Adb server out of date means, you need to update your adb files. ie adb.exe & AdbWinApi.dllYes you will need to do as netrevolver suggests now, as things have changed with ROM 818.I will update OP to include "adb tcpip 5555" then disconnect USB cable, then use commands as normal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It worked for me as well, the only problem i faced was that after the first reboot i was unable to adb connect but i repeated the adb tcpip 5555 process and i was back in businessThanks for your time guys

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
20 Posts
I tryed and it keeps saying cant connect in command propt ?Help please... its rooted with the ez root app ..all i like to do is change the bootup screen all installed just keeps on reporting back not connected?(8-18 firmware)this what it says...C:>cd android-sdk-windowstoolsC:android-sdk-windowstools>adb tcpip 5555* daemon not running. starting it now ** daemon started successfully *error: device not foundC:android-sdk-windowstools>adb connect 192.168.1.101:55unable to connect to 192.168.1.101:55C:android-sdk-windowstools>
wwilde;32470][IMG]http://users.tpg.com.au/wwilde/boot-win7-nexus.gif[/IMG]Firstly Thanks to jtbnet for root access to the Device via SuperUser. [URL]http://www.slatedroid.com/zt-180/4241-root-access.html[/URL]Forgive me but I said:
Android SDK[/URL]Superuser FilesBoot AnimationFirstly Install Android SDK & allow it to Update.Place this folder (android-sdk-windows) directly in your C: DriveNOTE: all files to be pushed/installed via ADB need to be placed in the Tools Folder of Android SDK as below:
Users that have Upgraded to Firmware 818 will need to disable ADB over USB with the following command:Firstly connect your Tablet via USB thentype:adb tcpip 5555Now disconnect the USB Cable:You should now be able to use ADB over TCP/IPFirstly find the IP Address of your Tablet: Settings/Wireless Controls/WIFI Settings & click on your AP to see the IP Add connected to.To install SuperUser via ADB:Open a Command Prompt.Type or cut & paste the following:cd/cd C:android-sdk-windowstools (make sure this is where you have installed android SDK) directly in the C: Drive)adb connect <your Tablets IP Address but mine is shown below> :5555adb -s 192.168.1.102:5555 install Superuser.apkadb -s 192.168.1.102:5555 shell# mount -o remount' date='rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system# ln -s /system/xbin/su /system/bin/su# exitadb -s 192.168.1.102:5555 push su /system/xbinadb -s 192.168.1.102:5555 shell# chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su# rebootI found that the Tablet would not reboot by itself & got stuck so I used the Soft rest hole to reboot after above procedure.To Install Boot Animation via ADB:Now connect back to your device as below type:adb connect <your Tablets IP Address >:5555adb push bootanimation.zip /data/localReboot Tablet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi WWilde,Sorry this may be a dumb question, but when I connected the tablet using usb, do i connect it and turn it on like i'm flashing it? Or do I connected and turn it in normally, because when I do this, it wants to install drivers I don't have. I'm trying to enable wifi adb, and i'm stuck at this point. And when I do manage to get his working, will I still be able to flash using usb. I'm just following your guide, have no idea what all the adb entries mean yet, but very interested in the results, and i'm trying to learn.Grateful for people like you who take their own time, to post these guides and help people like me.Thanks,HerbZ

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[quote name='HerbZMan;42396]Hi WWilde' date='Sorry this may be a dumb question, but when I connected the tablet using usb, do i connect it and turn it on like i'm flashing it? Or do I connected and turn it in normally, because when I do this, it wants to install drivers I don't have. I'm trying to enable wifi adb, and i'm stuck at this point. And when I do manage to get his working, will I still be able to flash using usb. I'm just following your guide, have no idea what all the adb entries mean yet, but very interested in the results, and i'm trying to learn.Grateful for people like you who take their own time, to post these guides and help people like me.Thanks,HerbZ[/QUOTE']Hi, Firstly which Rom do you have?If you do not have 818 then there is no need to connect via USB.Just install all the Stuff above & open A command prompt.Cut & Paste every line in & press enter.another solution is to connect directly to your Router via the Ethernet Cable.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
catttman;42356 said:
I tryed and it keeps saying cant connect in command propt ?error: device not foundC:android-sdk-windowstools>adb connect 192.168.1.101:55unable to connect to 192.168.1.101:55C:android-sdk-windowstools>
The above command is incorrect, you are missing to 55's ie; adb connect 192.168.1.101:5555

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.