Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is possible to remove the phone dialer icon on the home screen of the ADW launcher? Ditto for the stock brower. Better yet: can I replace the stock brower with one of my own choice, and to replace the dialer with another app?Thanks!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
You can drop in a 2.0 browser from a default google firmware. I've done it, the only is that the titlebar has a background icon that renders incorrectly, so it looks weird. Works fine though.

·
Registered
592 Posts
don't know about adw, but if you long press the icon on pandahome or the stock home a trash can appears on the menu slider button thing. just drop it into the trash and it is gone.

·
Registered
425 Posts
If you're talking about the one next to the 'apps' button at the bottom of the screen, you can do one of two things. You can drag another app icon over it and it will change to that app or you can remove it entirely by going into the ADW settings (click on the menu button to see the link to the settings).

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote name='nvrpayretail;54658]If you're talking about the one next to the 'apps' button at the bottom of the screen' date=' you can do one of two things. You can drag another app icon over it and it will change to that app or you can remove it entirely by going into the ADW settings (click on the menu button to see the link to the settings).[/QUOTE']The first method works perfectly -- thanks!As for the second: I did look into the ADW setting and try every option but I couldn't find a setting for that. Could you explain how to do that?Thanks!

·
Registered
425 Posts
hello-world;54724 said:
The first method works perfectly -- thanks!As for the second: I did look into the ADW setting and try every option but I couldn't find a setting for that. Could you explain how to do that?Thanks!
ADW settings then UI Settings. There are three options that control those buttons - LAB, RAB and Secondary Action buttons. LAB/RAB are left/right action buttons, and Secondary Action buttons is another pair that are controlled together. I don't remember offhand if the phone icon that comes up automatically is the LAB or part of the secondary pair.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts