Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to fix the power connector on my hasspad.

Want to open up and see what I can do.

Problem is I have taken all the screws out and it wont open up :/

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was thinking bout opening mine up following something I found in another tablet that somebody had given me as a spare/repair, which I repaired.

When I opened it up I was amazed to find that the machine did actually boot from an ordinary SD card, so I swapped the default 4GB class 2 one for a 16B class 6 and duly copied the files across.

Low and behold, to my surprise, it booted and I had both additional space and improved performance.

So that set me to wondering whether this is the same with the Hannspad as I'd be tempted to replace the 16GB model with a 32GB class 10 to see if it makes any difference at all to performance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was thinking bout opening mine up following something I found in another tablet that somebody had given me as a spare/repair, which I repaired.

When I opened it up I was amazed to find that the machine did actually boot from an ordinary SD card, so I swapped the default 4GB class 2 one for a 16B class 6 and duly copied the files across.

Low and behold, to my surprise, it booted and I had both additional space and improved performance.

So that set me to wondering whether this is the same with the Hannspad as I'd be tempted to replace the 16GB model with a 32GB class 10 to see if it makes any difference at all to performance.
Looking at the pictures i dont think you should open the tablet . There seems to be nothing looking like a normal SD card. The only thing why the tab should be opened is the crappy voltage input. Why did they not conform to USB charging. Or at least use the same power input as USB power output voltage. Makes charging a whole of a lot easyer. For the rest looking at price /built its quit descent.

You can say what you like but overall its a very nice tab. So why would you want to open it up :) ???

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would want to open it up to see what is inside and whether, as I said, there might be the option to change the SD card to make it even better.

Mine is now out of warranty anyway, so I shall see what's inside.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts