Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have an M70003 bricked.

I'm downloading some scripts more if any of them are fine for mine M70003.

But meanwhile I'm searching for "how to" building my own script.

I'm new in Android.

What are the files I need to script?
Only update.sh??

How about build from sources? Where are they?

Can somebody give me some inital steps to learning about this??

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can tell you from experiance that it is hard to Brick a Tablet. If you still get n Android Logo at power up and nothing else you can Reload a differant Script File to your tablet. Just goto the download section here an get Version for your tablet. M70003 System-Donut Based works good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm new in Android.

What are the files I need to script?
Only update.sh??

How about build from sources? Where are they?

Can somebody give me some inital steps to learning about this??

Thanks!!
I noticed this question didn't get answered. I have a similar question maybe the new reply will draw some attention.

Where can I learn to make Android Apps? What language are they typically created with? Where do I begin? I have a lot of technical support experience, but my programming days are over way outdated (remember basic?).

Turtle Gurl!!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Where can I learn to make Android Apps?
Android programs are written in Java. Java is a hard programming language. Best to learn with C language first. If you can do C very well then you can move onto Java (or C++). C++ & Java are very similar. So going from C++ to Java is small step. First you must learn and understand Java code and then you can learn how to make Android apps.

Android Sample programs:
http://developer.android.com/resources/browser.html?tag=sample

Android Website (go into developers & start reading):
http://www.android.com/

·
Super Moderator
3,225 Posts
There's also a program called Mono for Android (NOT Freeware!!) which gives you the ability for to use C++ and .NET application running in Android or convert them. The Website is: Mono For Android But not be shocked, it's an expensive "toy"!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have found a magazine called "Smart Developer" which includes a DVD that has different software development kits which they change out for every issue. The issue that I have contains the SDKs for Android, Bada, MeeGo, Nokia,and Symbian.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There's also a program called Mono for Android (NOT Freeware!!) which gives you the ability for to use C++ and .NET application running in Android or convert them. The Website is: Mono For Android But not be shocked, it's an expensive "toy"!
Does Mono use standard Android SDK or does it use NDK to provide C++ development? What is the output? Native ARM binary code?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Please correct me if I am mistaken but from my understanding Mono is the Linux based layer that takes the place of the CLR in Windows based systems and let's you run .NET apps specifically. It's analogous to the Java Virtual Machine. I haven't tried it myself yet, but I think by now it's pretty comparable in capability to running C# and .Net based programs on a native windows system.

As for C++ apps, (non- .NET based), there have been compilers around for a very long time to run C/C++ apps natively in linux. C++ doesn't require a run-time machine inherently. You only need that if you are writing C++ apps that use components in the .NET libraries. Since C was originally developed for UNIX systems (and is what UNIX is built with) that makes sense.

Again, I'm not a pro, that's just my current understanding.

That said, I am also looking to get into Android development, and more specifically looking to start creating my own ROMS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts