Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I think this will be interesting topic.

I need to make such a rescue tool(rescue SDCARD).
As i know so far :

Do it in linux.
1 Fdisk the sdcard resvered 11M.
2 Follow the command.
3 Format disk to fat32
4 Copy update firmware in it.

Step 1 is that i'm confused.
As i uderstood i should use Fdisk and make partition 11MB for boot use.
I have few quastions here.
1) I should make 11MB partition, where later will be copyed ZT280.sd and the rest of the SDCARD in second partiton where i put the firmware ?

Step 2 i think is easy
Step 3 - Format what partition ?
Step 4 - Whole firmware is larger than 11MB , so i presume that it should be copied on second partition (the one we formated FAT32 on step 3) ?

I am sorry if anyone think i asked stuped qustion, but i'm "lame" in thin but i really need to restore my tab.

So if anyone can write detailed "How To" for that rescue sdcard i will be apriciated.

Thnaks in advance.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Sorry but really don't know how to help you, I hope someone can clarify better..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi ATP, i have a linux PC now.

Just tell me about this 11M reserved ? This mean that i should make a partititon not form beginnig of the SD Card ,but from 11MB to the end of the SDCARD a.k.a 11MB not partitioned area?

·
Registered
615 Posts
i thought you disappeared.
It it that.

Because first 2M area need burn boot code there.
And first partition need keep MBR table,so many command is like

sudo dd if=ZT280.sd of=/dev/sdb bs=1 count=442
sudo dd if=ZT280.sd of=/dev/sdb bs=512 skip=1 seek=1; sync

remember,/dev/sdb is your sdcard in linux machine,not your other harddisk,which will destroy data.

so if you need your sdcard can be partiton and format,should:
1 fdisk the sdcard(the number of part size should fit your card, and could need only one part,follow it 4 part example)

sudo fdisk
d
d
d
d
d

n
p
n
p
n
p
n
p

a

t
c

w

2 format
sudo mkfs.vfat /dev/sdb1 -n fat
sudo mke2fs /dev/sdb2 -L system
sudo mke2fs -j /dev/sdb3 -L cache
sudo mke2fs -j /dev/sdb4 -L data

3 copy boot
sudo dd if=ZT280.sd of=/dev/sdb bs=1 count=442
sudo dd if=ZT280.sd of=/dev/sdb bs=512 skip=1 seek=1; sync

4 umount and eject
umount /dev/sdb1
umount /dev/sdb2
umount /dev/sdb3
umount /dev/sdb4
umount /dev/sdb5
umount /dev/sdb

sudo eject /dev/sdb

·
Registered
615 Posts
alvesrj:

If it's blank flash,It will boot from SD.

1 If you can use serial command in boot,try:

For old boot:
nand rom_protect off
nand device 0
nand erase 0 0x200000
nand device 1
nand scrub

For new boot:
nand protect off
nand device 0
nand erase 0 0x200000
nand device 1
nand scrub

2 If you can solder jumper of the board:
Solder a 4.7k as photo
ftp://zenithink.com/dyliao/zt-280/ECN_HW/bootsd.jpg

Because old boot(include amlogic boot support auotscript),so you can try:
Use dd command for make a old boot secure card like:

sudo dd if= u-boot-512M-UartB.bin of=/dev/sdb bs=1 count=442
sudo dd if= u-boot-512M-UartB.bin of=/dev/sdb bs=512 skip=1 seek=1; sync

after you make rescure card ,you need copy the firmware all to card also, for updating if boot success from sdcard.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The secont option with resistor soldering worked perfect on my EB ZT-280.
Just to clarify, when you making rescue SD card. When start making partitions, first you using command:
n
p

but some fdisk working with cylinders and some with sectors!(i dont know if this is some settings of fdisk, so i tried on other linux machine
) So if you get error states that connot use 11 as start of the partition check what units uses fdisk. My first attempt was unsuccessful because of that diference.
Dont forget to check if your SD card is sdb, sdf, or whatever so you dont format one of your HDD by mistake

·
Registered
66 Posts
alvesrj:

If it's blank flash,It will boot from SD.

1 If you can use serial command in boot,try:

For old boot:
nand rom_protect off
nand device 0
nand erase 0 0x200000
nand device 1
nand scrub

For new boot:
nand protect off
nand device 0
nand erase 0 0x200000
nand device 1
nand scrub

2 If you can solder jumper of the board:
Solder a 4.7k as photo
ftp://zenithink.com/...N_HW/bootsd.jpg

Because old boot(include amlogic boot support auotscript),so you can try:
Use dd command for make a old boot secure card like:

sudo dd if= u-boot-512M-UartB.bin of=/dev/sdb bs=1 count=442
sudo dd if= u-boot-512M-UartB.bin of=/dev/sdb bs=512 skip=1 seek=1; sync

after you make rescure card ,you need copy the firmware all to card also, for updating if boot success from sdcard.
I did the old boot command procedure

But I copy to all files on Linux partition firmware after doing the commands but when I boot it on the pad does not leave the screen describes the boot can not read the firmware files. Having read in Windows but it says it has to format theSD.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Each time the worsening state of the pad. Now that hit the creation and formatting of the partitions, the ZT read only the oldboot, before he read the new boot Engineering Board. What can be? I am almost giving up and throwing in the trash thisTablet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You have to be a little more clear about exactly what you did.

do you have F version or non-F ?
how exactly did your pad brick ?
how was your boot changed from new to old ?
what exactly do you see on the screen when you try to boot ?

Try to be as specific as possible and let's see if anyone can help.

Sent from my Zenithink b04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
You have to be a little more clear about exactly what you did.

do you have F version or non-F ?
how exactly did your pad brick ?
how was your boot changed from new to old ?
what exactly do you see on the screen when you try to boot ?

Try to be as specific as possible and let's see if anyone can help.

Sent from my Zenithink b04 using Tapatalk
My pad version: Non F
Last firmware: 07012011

At the time I was upgrading to new firmware 0803 stuck in reboot. I did the rollback and disappeared as did the screen by a reset button, did not return. I did the procedure SDrescue had some success could revive with new boot after boot with old, but I did not know the SD partition exactly as procedure, I just had copied the MBR to boot but unable to read the firmware. Finally I can not but start with new boot, so I decided to boot the old part of the partition of the SD partition could
properly put the 0701 firmware but do not read the files on theSD. The screen reboot loop is direct, shows that it found files but does not go forward.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Maybe try this:

You have old boot, in a loop, trying to install "old" 20110528 firmware, but can't find the correct files on the sdcard.
For installing old firmware all files of the "old" firmware installations need to be on root of sdcard and not inside zt-update directory.

1) Download the FULL 0528 firmware. I did it from link i FAQ : http://www.mediafire.com/file/j2bfxxwdbq33ff9/amlogic_8inches0528.rar
2) Format SDCARD
3) Inside the downloaded RAR you will find another file : amlogic_1024x768_512M_0528_V2.11.rar extract ONLY this rar to SDCARD ROOT.
4) Put SDCARD in tablet and turn it on - The old boot should find the correct files and update your pad to "old" version.

If you succeed with this you will have a working pad with the old version.
After that you can try updating again to new version. If you are not sure how exacactly then don't try by yourself. Ask here and I will give detailed explanation.
But firs't let's see if you manage to install 0528...

Good Luck.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Done, but the same thing, it recognizes the boot from the SD loop but is direct, and read back. I'm thinking that when I made the 4.7 k resistor soldering, the soldering iron had have heated up the other component to the side and damaged because I can not boot but the new and old is in the loop.

I think that damage to a component of the scheme next to solder the resistor, For I see that was normal before I can boot again and so is not right with partitioning, but now I can not boot the new and old is in boot loop..

·
Registered
615 Posts
alvesrj:
not clear you said.
Why you flash boot successfully and rollback again?
When you success boot from rescue sdcard, you should use new boot as the firmware and update. Remove your script of the rollback.Make sure your patition can be recognized by windows.

did you occur a hardware problem when you jump the resistor?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.