Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone, I am new to this forum, I got a lot of useful information about hacking the novel here. The newest version of android is 2.2(level 7), and I know novel is running on android 2.0(level 5), I can confirm this by plugging it to my computer, the eclipse ADT plugin tells me that. I am wondering how I can install the newest version of android to my Novel, can someone tell me the detail procedures? please, as detail as possible, I appreciate. By the way, I also saw another thread which people talking about installing 2.2 to novel, someone said that he couldn't get the touchpad to work after installing 2.2, did someone already fix that problem? Please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
246 Posts
blazingwolf;22035 said:
I'm pretty sure that there would be a big post about upgrading to 2.2 if it had been done. So far it hasn't.
There is a post about it.. it has pictures of it at the lock screen. But the person hasnt posted how they did it.. Just said it was "easy"... still wondering how he did it.. I know he wasnt able to get past the lock screen because the volume key hack couldnt be installed until he got into the system.Link to post: http://www.slatedroid.com/vbulletin...droid-2.2-on-Pandigital-Novel&highlight=froyo

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
The volume key hack can be installed (since it is done via ADB), but due to different hardware configurations it just didn't seem to work.That guy annoyed me, it's his only post here. I PM'ed him to ask what he did to see if I could take a look and he never replied. :)Froyo is supposed to require a new kernel, and I was unable to flash just a new kernel because PD's annoying recovery has some kind of specialized integrity check for the kernel before flashing that I never quite got into bypassing. If he did somehow flash an entire froyo ROM on, it is possible that he hosed his recovery partition in the process and was unable to go back to regular firmware. Maybe that's why we never heard from him again.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That makes perfect sense, he sacrifice went in vain though. He could have benefited the PDN nation. I know I am not much more help as I have not gotten as far you as you have clockworx in even 2.1 to load (hell anything I do gets my unit stuck in an infinite loop at boot up.)How were you even able to modify content on the PDN partition to get 2.1 to boot up?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all of your replies. Let's continue to wait until someone finally post a solution. I also heard about the new Android version 3.0 would come in October, with a higher minimum hardware requirements. I really want to see if the novel is capable of installing 3.0.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Going on what I've seen in the tablet market so far, I'll be happy to see 2.2 running on this thing. 3.0 is not something I will even worry about until late next year.I wish I were a programmer, but unfortunately this is beyond my scope of expertise. However, I'll be on-board for testing if someone can whip up a solution.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I DONT know if this will work but google for Android Kitchen. There is at least one if not more sites that will allow you to select you base os, mod, and select apps that will create a flashable zip file for PHONES. Looking in the 7_18 Firmware it appears most of the os is based on a flat phone release. I am sure (as mentoned in serveral places) that there are custom Novel apps and libs added to the image. The fact that we now have a full release update rom, I expect that someone will be able use it as a base for a kitchen or custom.

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
cpg716;22171 said:
There is a post about it.. it has pictures of it at the lock screen. But the person hasnt posted how they did it.. Just said it was "easy"... still wondering how he did it.. I know he wasnt able to get past the lock screen because the volume key hack couldnt be installed until he got into the system.Link to post: http://www.slatedroid.com/vbulletin...droid-2.2-on-Pandigital-Novel&highlight=froyo
And it doesn't work. So, I'm sure when someone gets it up and running there will be a big post about it. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.