Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,picking up a Telechip Android 2.1 MID, discovered has no installed Marketplace.I'm REALLY confused on this matter.I understand Android Market doesn't work on these things?You can install the Market APP yourself, but nothing you download will work?Can someone PM me some step-by-step?Yes, I did a search, but this one is really going over my head.I'm not using custom rom or anything, it will just be droid 2.1update1 as it comes with unit (there are no customs for this unit that i can find)I see youtube video of people Accessing MArketplace (free apps) downloading games and playing them... Youtube, MSN, so something works.Anyway, would love to know.If you can't access, download and use, there's no point in my buying.thanks

·
Vendor
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@helmutekeHi, thanks. but your instructions are for Eken and say to Flash a custom Rom on the unit and root it?Like I mentioned, I'm getting a Telechip more generic unit that does not have a custom rom.so ??

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
class;34510 said:
got to feel disappointed. a multipage thread about how to get one of the basic apps working. And the instructions look scary.
Yep this bleeding edge stuff. It's not ready for your run of the mill kmart shopper to use yet.part of this was Google assumed if you were using the market you had a phone and ad id from the phone. Slates don't. So market doesn't work. All the pages of work and installing programmer development kits and such is to fix that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.