Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,I'm new to android.I'm trying to get the market to work on my M70003, based on the instructions in the wiki (Fix Market For Slates - Wiki)I've already obtained an android ID, but the problem now is how do I input it into the accounts.db file? Whenever I type "su", I get the message "su: must be suid to work properly". From what I understand, this is because I do not have root access to android. I'm using the 1.7.4 firmware at http://www.slatedroid.com/orphan-m7003/3689-m7003-firmware1-6-here.htmlWhat must I do to get this to work?Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Here's a tip for rooting your machine. I haven't tried it but I hope it helps!
n1ck;35344 said:
Download the following zip
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/412377163/root.zip.html
Copy the su folder contents into your /script folder (the one you used to change the firmware) - overwrite everything it asks.Reboot the pad - you'll see notification of rooting!Delete script folder

·
Registered
17 Posts
Uff.. Sounds not easy for me, but i will try. Thanks.I installed "Better terminal pro" but..But i have no idea about console command under linux/java ( I know only DOS )) (Like cd, dir, copy and other)I understand that it's not very simple to teach me how to grab this file /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.db but if someone can tell me some command - for navigate in concole, and grab the files to SD card, and for put it back after modifity it well be great))p.s. Defoult directory in terminal is /system/bin/sh00:48 I found that "CD" is work well i can navigate))00:51 OK, I am in the /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/01:19 Maybe my IPAD in rooting wrong ??? How can i check it ?01:04 cp accounts.db"cp: can't open 'accounts.db': Permission denied"So again this [email protected] 'Permission denied'.. Any ideas ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the root in this thread says something about trying "su2" of "su" doesn't work. i don't remember the exact instruction, but have you tried that? my m70003's su command worked so i didn't have to try su2 lol.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You are WAY more advanced than me, thelost, so far it has taken me a month just to get my Android ID. I managed to get my device rooted too, whatever that does for me. But I am stalled at trying to connect to my device. I have windows 7 64 bit, and it don't see my device. I have even obtained the IP address, but cannot connect in that way, with an "unable to connect to 192.168.1.68:5555" and through USB, getting a blank list of devices attached through the adb.I gave up on this crappy M70003 MID today, and just purchased a Wits A81-E that was Rooted, Froyo'ed, has GPS, Bluetooth, and with a "working" market. I think my problem is the M70003 is just too slow and buggy, making learning Android such a slow and painful process process. Hopefully the faster A81-E will make my Android experience easier to deal with.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't have problems to make Android ID (Just make a new Temp folder - android_home_dir on c: becouse of russian in path to default homedir), and a problem with "unable to connect" i rounded by off all firewalls and swithing my dir-615 in NAT. BUT.. I realy don't know what can i do with this "permission denied" ((Hope you will ba happy with new gadjet) I'm usualy happy for some days just becouse it's new for me)

·
Registered
17 Posts
2 sagech Did you have an error * /system/bin/sh: sqlite3: not found ?OR just after - 'adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "update meta set intvalue='number_from_previous_commands' where name='androidId'";' You become happy ? ))If you have an error with sqlite 3 how do you fix it ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
no, i used it with # - my mistake ? I Try it clean:susu: must be suid to work properlysu2su2: not foundBest way of finding if rooting worked - is using adb rootIf it DOESN'T say already running in root - then its not rootedCan you give me link to howdoit ? )) I will try.p.s. I think my problem is in NOT Rooting APAD

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[quote name='thelost;46663]2 sagech Did you have an error * /system/bin/sh: sqlite3: not found ?OR just after - 'adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "update meta set intvalue='number_from_previous_commands' where name='androidId'";' You become happy ? ))If you have an error with sqlite 3 how do you fix it ?[/QUOTE] yes' date=' I had an error with this command:'adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "update meta set intvalue='number_from_previous_commands' where name='androidId'";'so, I followed the wiki's troubleshooting guide at Fix Market For Slates - Wiki and then I became happy
I still needed to use "su" for this though, because this command (as given in the troubleshooting guide) gives me a permission error:adb pull /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/accounts.dbI had to change the permission for that file using "su", after that it worked.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.