Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, almost all the messages here about modding/rooting the PDN say that I should have a factory copy of firmware to burn in case of trouble. And not to try these things without at least being familiar with the firmware burning process.Well, my new PDN has newer firmware than what is shown on the PD website! So if I lose my firmware, I have nothing to backup to... right? Does this mean that I have to wait for newer firmware to be posted on the PD website? I guess it does...Bummer!

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote name='clockworx;16460]Hey' date=' this is actually good news for me [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley.gif[/IMG] Which version do you have? I'd love to get a dump of the updated firmware and do a comparison. Have you set up adb yet? I could give you an adb command to dump the system directory (which is all that is being modded now), that way we could pass the improvements on to others and incorporate them into mods, and you could have a backup to overlay over the currently available one from the website.[/QUOTE'] I have sent a PM to you concerning this. Didn't want to drop my email address into the forum!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.