Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
http://www.androidtapp.com/how-do-i-copy-apps-to-my-sd-card/Android apps are installed on the internal memory and there is nothing you can do against it. This is part of the security concept. Each app or more precisely all apps signed with the same developer certificate run in the context of the same Linux user and get file access through that user. There are user and group ids generated whenever you install an app. All data of the app, also created files, get the user and group assigned and thus can only be accessed by the app itself. In addition, each app (identified through its package) runs in its own Dalvik VM sandbox.If you put apps on the SD card, this security concept (file access) is broken. That is why you have no choice. The described concept is only a part of the entire security concept, but it is the one responsible for not being able to install apps outside the internal memory.The problem with the G1 is that the internal memory is much too small to install all the apps you might want to have. This is killing half of the Market right because of that "I need to uninstall" thing.i.e. You're going to have to do a CRAPLOAD of haxing to be able to install programs directly onto either the microSD or external SD card.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.