Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Copied from another thread.1) format the t-flash card (must select FAT/FAT32 mode) - use the utility found here http://bbs.witstech.com.cn/viewFile.asp?BoardID=10&ID=7762) copy the MLO to the card first (this is important)3) copy all the other files to the card4) power off the A81E5) push the card into the A81E6) plug in the DC7) press and hold the left arrow key(which is near the power on key) first, then press and hold the power on key until you can see a message saying loading image.8) There will be some bars and dots in the screen later.9) it will take several minutes for the upgrade to finish.10) just wait, the a81E will boot by itself.

·
Registered
47 Posts
it points to a format utility by HP that formats the card properly if you have trouble doing so in windows which some people have reported. It formats the card slightly differently to windows I would try it I use it and it works.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Those are the exact directions I followed and they worked like a charm from my update from ship ped fw to the 8/31 update.I seen a lot of guides that didn't make since; pulling battery out? Then insert ac plug? But never says when to insert battery back. Just didn't make since to me, but these directions are straight from the wits so I would follow these.These should also be either linked to a Faq thread or copy/pastedSent from my A81E using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
must of flashed the W1060 and A81E about 100 times, never needed to pull battery out, and you should never flash a device without the power plugged in (protects against dead battery half way hrough).maybe something to be carefull about, especially if power fails/power plug gets knocked out of wall etc etc

·
Registered
23 Posts
I must fully format my microSD, right? Quick format won't work, or?I have a 8GB SD and a full format takes awfully long, its formatting since 10 minutes and it is roughly at 1/5Edit: On my Win7 x64 laptop it took around an hour to format the SD. Now I tried it on my XP desktop and a full format took only a few seconds!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.