Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
hi guys,does any one know where i can find and alter the details of kernel version and model number for new custom made ROMS for flytouch 256mb devices on an uninstalled ROM.i know where to see the details on an installed ROM but i want to modify the details, any help or suggestion is much appreciated.thanks in advance.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HidePerso;53792 said:
I din't think what so hard use txt editor and look 30-40 files for this info - don't be so lazy! (build.prop - my cheat answer)
hi,thanks for your reply, if i had known all this then i wouldnt be asking any ones help, its great that you have the skills and knowledge of some thing which i dont have, it would have been nice if you had put me to the right direction rather than taking the mick out of me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HidePerso;54400 said:
Do you find build.prop file? Or you even can't unpack android_fs.tar? In this case look at 1.9.88.v3k RE-ROM - you will find this file in pre_root directory
it seems that you dont have any manners to address people and sound rude to others, i managed to do all that without your help, if you want to help any one then help them, dont take the pisss out of them.thanks anyway.

·
Registered
409 Posts
[quote name='kash_eco;54551]it seems that you dont have any manners to address people and sound rude to others' date=' i managed to do all that without your help, if you want to help any one then help them, dont take the pisss out of them.thanks anyway.[/QUOTE'] Very informative post, thxLooks like you don't know about private post and etc. And for sure you not little kid to walk with you every step - i show you name of file in fist post. If it was not clear for you - sorry. And i ask about unpacking tar in case you can't do it by yourself.Because i know nothing about your skill and may be was better not show you everything - SO MANY PPL after showing dangerous things say "YOU broke my device".Sure i little rude - i am not babysitter. You do it by yourself - now i REAL hero and you don't wait help from outside - only by this way can happen something new for community.Sorry don't want offend you - i am just rude barbarian with bear from russia

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote name='HidePerso;54574]Very informative post' date=' thxLooks like you don't know about private post and etc. And for sure you not little kid to walk with you every step - i show you name of file in fist post. If it was not clear for you - sorry. And i ask about unpacking tar in case you can't do it by yourself.Because i know nothing about your skill and may be was better not show you everything - SO MANY PPL after showing dangerous things say "YOU broke my device".Sure i little rude - i am not babysitter. You do it by yourself - now i REAL hero and you don't wait help from outside - only by this way can happen something new for community.Sorry don't want offend you - i am just rude barbarian with bear from russia [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE'] i think i am beginning to understand you now, its possibly the way you say things
, well all i can say about my skills is that i am learning, i am not a programmer or a computer languages master but i have a will to know things and make our tablets of more use, and thats y i am here on slatedroid, anyway i managed to change the model number of my device in build.prop but i cant change kernel version details, i dont seems to find it in build.prop file, any idea where i could find them???thanks in advance :cool:

·
Registered
409 Posts
[quote name='kash_eco;55195]i think i am beginning to understand you now' date=' its possibly the way you say things [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley.gif[/IMG], well all i can say about my skills is that i am learning, i am not a programmer or a computer languages master but i have a will to know things and make our tablets of more use, and thats y i am here on slatedroid, anyway i managed to change the model number of my device in build.prop but i cant change kernel version details, i dont seems to find it in build.prop file, any idea where i could find them???thanks in advance :cool:[/QUOTE'] What you want change in kernel? You want change just number of build or something else? Depend on WHAT will answer. Some init in scriptcmd when you flash ROM, some init in init.rc which you can change like build.prop after flash on device.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote name='HidePerso;55215]What you want change in kernel? You want change just number of build or something else? Depend on WHAT will answer. Some init in scriptcmd when you flash ROM' date=' some init in init.rc which you can change like build.prop after flash on device.[/QUOTE'] hi,well i only want to change the kernel number.thanks my rude friend from Russia with bear
)

·
Registered
409 Posts
[quote name='kash_eco;55336]hi' date='well i only want to change the kernel number.thanks my rude friend from Russia with bear [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley.gif[/IMG])[/QUOTE'] In this case you must change scriptcmd BUT you cant edit it directly (look at some trash at beginning of file). You must delete this trash, edit file like plain text and when compile with unix like mkimage.exeOk, let me start new thread about modify scriptcmd.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.