Android Tablets Forum banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dear Friends,

i have a big problem. today i have rooted my dropad A8 and change the wpa_supplicant file in system/bin/wpa_supplicant with new file for ad-hoc wifi.
but now the big problem is when i open wifi, it's only running for 10 seconds and then closes.
i try to re-install the original file "wpa_supplicant" but still the same?
what can i do for this problem?

Best,
Have you set up the permissions of the file right? (use routexplorer and take the same permissions from another file as example)

You could also backup your files/apps with Titanium backup, then re-install the original/custom ROM?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Dear Friends,

i have a big problem. today i have rooted my dropad A8 and change the wpa_supplicant file in system/bin/wpa_supplicant with new file for ad-hoc wifi.
but now the big problem is when i open wifi, it's only running for 10 seconds and then closes.

Best,

·
Registered
149 Posts
Dear Friends,

Best,
you have just joined the numerous users with that same problem. You get this error right "unable to scan for networks"??? I dont think flashing roms could repair your wifi, but I think its weird that nobody has found a solution for this problem with dropad... Try download and install a wifi app called wifi fixer .apk.... Its worth tryn out

·
Registered
9 Posts
you have just joined the numerous users with that same problem. You get this error right "unable to scan for networks"??? I dont think flashing roms could repair your wifi, but I think its weird that nobody has found a solution for this problem with dropad... Try download and install a wifi app called wifi fixer .apk.... Its worth tryn out
thanks,
i have just tried, but the same problem occured.
wifi is turning of automaticly in 5 seconds.
i think the problem is on the wpa_supplicant file, bu i have installed the original one.
problem the same...

after 5 seconds, wifi turns off...

edit : i don't have an error notification like "unable to scan networks": it is directly turns off the wifi

Best Regards,

·
Registered
149 Posts
U have got to have an error prompt of some sort. D one above is very common... Have you restoread factory settings?? How do u put on the wifi, is it thru an app or thru settings?? There are some methods that has worked for other Android 2.2 users.. In any method u choose u have to b fearless and ready to face a possible brick of ur engine.. You can attempt flashing a very old firmware, 1st start wit dropad specific firmwares, say the d 1st cynanogen or asure release.. Secondly and more dangerous, use root explorer to search for "wifi" and delete all the results. Best of luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
U have got to have an error prompt of some sort. D one above is very common... Have you restoread factory settings?? How do u put on the wifi, is it thru an app or thru settings?? There are some methods that has worked for other Android 2.2 users.. In any method u choose u have to b fearless and ready to face a possible brick of ur engine.. You can attempt flashing a very old firmware, 1st start wit dropad specific firmwares, say the d 1st cynanogen or asure release.. Secondly and more dangerous, use root explorer to search for "wifi" and delete all the results. Best of luck.
dear Jazzdglass,

i use android 2.3.1 , and i have restored to factory setttings, but the problem is same. i put wifi form settings, i checked wifi on, and after 5 seconds, it's automaticly off. because i have changed the wpa_supplicant file. how can i reinstall android 2.3.1 on to my tablet?

Best Regards,
Levent

·
Registered
149 Posts
dear Jazzdglass,i use android 2.3.1 , and i have restored to factory setttings, but the problem is same. i put wifi form settings, i checked wifi on, and after 5 seconds, it's automaticly off. because i have changed the wpa_supplicant file. how can i reinstall android 2.3.1 on to my tablet?Best Regards,Levent
try this thread
Herotab C8/
Dropad A8 - Firmware Update
News

·
Registered
98 Posts
Now confirmed working on 2.3

At work now and writing this teathered with my iPhone 4

ad-hoc network must have prio 1 it seems.

Also god to run chmod 666 on the file

Sent from my MID_Serials using Tapatalk
Hi Zoppatorslk its nice to know tat Adhoc is working for 2.3. Could you please let me know a step by step procedure for setting up and Adhoc? i am using Haipad M7 and it does not detect the Adhoc network form the Nokia. I am really new to this. So please bare with me.Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers,
Sekanth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All,

For what this is worth, I saw a post on an XDA Developers forum that the guys that made android-wifi-tether have a beta version that supports Infrastructure mode. If anyone reading this particular board is trying to tether their tablet to an android phone that they have rooted, I strongly recommend that they consider this as an alternative. I installed it on a rooted Samsung Epic running stock Gingerbread 2.3.4, and my tablet is a Heropad C8 running Evolution 1.3.5 (Gingerbread 2.3.3) and there seem to be no problems.

The versions that support infrastructure mode are the 3.x version, and they are in beta at this time. For this reason they don't appear in the market, so in order to install them you have to allow non-market apps to be installed on your rooted cellular handset and download the APK files directly from the website. The newest version currently available supports WPA-PSK2 security and MAC address based access control. Also, 4G mode is supported, but I don't live in an area that is serviced by Sprint's WIMAX 4G service, so I can't confirm how well that part works. I can attest to the rest of it, though. It works without a hitch, as near as I can tell.

http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list

Sometimes, the best way to win the game is to change the rules.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello All,

For what this is worth, I saw a post on an XDA Developers forum that the guys that made android-wifi-tether have a beta version that supports Infrastructure mode. If anyone reading this particular board is trying to tether their tablet to an android phone that they have rooted, I strongly recommend that they consider this as an alternative. I installed it on a rooted Samsung Epic running stock Gingerbread 2.3.4, and my tablet is a Heropad C8 running Evolution 1.3.5 (Gingerbread 2.3.3) and there seem to be no problems.

The versions that support infrastructure mode are the 3.x version, and they are in beta at this time. For this reason they don't appear in the market, so in order to install them you have to allow non-market apps to be installed on your rooted cellular handset and download the APK files directly from the website. The newest version currently available supports WPA-PSK2 security and MAC address based access control. Also, 4G mode is supported, but I don't live in an area that is serviced by Sprint's WIMAX 4G service, so I can't confirm how well that part works. I can attest to the rest of it, though. It works without a hitch, as near as I can tell.

http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list

Sometimes, the best way to win the game is to change the rules.
Thanks sinter614! I've seen this tool before, but didn't know that it's now supporting infrastructure mode! You've made my dropad a whole lot better.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello all C8/M7 users,

I'm new to this forum and just use M7 for about 10 days now, I'm pretty satisfied with the device until this morning.

Previously I've read and try several topic in this forum and doing it successfully. I've flash my firmware to Fonix 0805, modified it a little bit to get 1GB internal storage for apps, remove the 3G and GPS patches which I don't have, change the bootanimation, and install a lot of apps and could connect it to ad-hoc or AP. The result I have a stable M7 with gingerbread 2.3.3 from Fonix0805 and 2.6.35.7 kernel runs for about 8 hrs for regular browsing using wifi. Until this morning I'm so greedy to have more lifetime of the battery and install 3 apps to reduce the power usage.

One of them is juice**** which I suspected for changing the wifi transmit mode of the device to "power saving" (I checked it from my SoftAP). My M7 tries to connect to the AP but always fail when obtaining IP address and the wifi restart several times until I turn it off manually. It also dont recognize/get the signal from my ad-hoc connection. So basically the wifi now is unusable, random restart when trying to connect to AP and dont recognize ad-hoc connection.

So my question is, how to change the wifi mode back to its original? how to disable the power save mode of the wifi?
Thanx for the reply anyways

41 - 60 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.