Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hi Yutani/Zoppatorslk,

I have tried using your technic but somehow i still cannot connect/tether my tablet to my iphone4(4.3.3/not jailbreak) any ideas? I also use ES File Explorer and rooted the device/file ...is it possible can you please share the file wpa_supplicant.conf or post it ? just to make sure I'm doing it right... Thank you for sharing this information, i've been looking this information .
I think you can use infrastructure mode instead of ad-hoc in 4.3, then u dont have to mess around.

I got my phone jailbreaked and set up like i want, aint got the time to redo it on new fw.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi guys. I have a problem with my dropad. But somehow since i found this site and thread i feel like my problem is solved. Here is my spec MID_Serails, android v2.2, kernel 2.6.32.9 MID Serials #1668 Sat Jul 2 14:19:41 CST 2011 nand, Build no MID Serials 2.2 FRF91 20110704.191834. After rooting with z4root, i installed super user 2.3.6.1 and then root explorer 2.14.... I deleted wpa_supplicant.conf from etc/wifi/ without copying it 4 backup. And i overwrite it with another wpa file i got on 4shared, simply because it was always empty... I later discovered that even d one that i downloaded 4rm 4shared with d command in it became empty when it entered etc/wifi/..... Now my wifi cannot scan!! It says "unable to scan for networks" then it switches off d Wifi... I need help plz

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hi guys. I have a problem with my dropad. But somehow since i found this site and thread i feel like my problem is solved. Here is my spec MID_Serails, android v2.2, kernel 2.6.32.9 MID Serials #1668 Sat Jul 2 14:19:41 CST 2011 nand, Build no MID Serials 2.2 FRF91 20110704.191834. After rooting with z4root, i installed super user 2.3.6.1 and then root explorer 2.14.... I deleted wpa_supplicant.conf from etc/wifi/ without copying it 4 backup. And i overwrite it with another wpa file i got on 4shared, simply because it was always empty... I later discovered that even d one that i downloaded 4rm 4shared with d command in it became empty when it entered etc/wifi/..... Now my wifi cannot scan!! It says "unable to scan for networks" then it switches off d Wifi... I need help plz
Sounds strange that the file is empty.
But try this to start with:
create a textfile somewhere that you have write acess (i you do it from windows, make shure you use unix linefeed, i think it gets messed up if you use windows lf)
Name it: wpa_supplicant.conf

insert these lines:
ctrl_interface=DIR=/data/system/wpa_supplicant GROUP=wifi
update_config=1
ap_scan=2

save the text file, then copy it to etc/wifi/

turn wifi on an search for network

If it dosen't work:Turn wifi off again, copy etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf to another location, open the copied file and see if it's empty

·
Registered
149 Posts
I was able to create a new file inside the folder system/etc/wifi ...i named d file wpa_supplicant.conf and i input random word, then saved it. It did not erase wen i checked it. So i opened it in text editor and i input ur command (exactly as it is shown above) then saved. I opened it to check content, it was intact. Then i switched on wifi via settings but same prompt came "unable to scan for networks". Then i went back to check d file, it was still intact. I then shut down and on again, wifi was still unable to scan, then went to rootexplorer and the command is gone! Just a blank page! But the backup created wen i edited the file i initially created (wpa_supplicant.conf.bak) still has d random word in it.. I guess d system is responsible 4 dis. D backup file was not read by system and its still intact

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think i found a way to save without the command getting deleted. I just had to press the menu key and save.. I previously use d back or return key.... But the problem is still there "unable to scan for networks"

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm having a hard time getting this to work on my Dropad. I've tried several Roms (Fragcompany 1.3/1.4, Clean 0.9/1.0) but none of them won't detect the adhoc network.

I've tried this method:

1) First disabled the Wifi on my tablet.

2) Installed Rootexplorer and successfully replaced the original 'wpa_supplicant.conf' (with the same permissions as previously) with this text:
Code:
ctrl_interface=DIR=/data/system/wpa_supplicant GROUP=wifi<br />
update_config=1<br />
ap_scan=2<br />
<br />
network={<br />
ssid="AndroidTether"<br />
scan_ssid=1<br />
key_mgmt=NONE<br />
mode=1<br />
priority=1<br />
}
3) Started the Hotspot-ability on my Android 2.3 Phone (Samsung Galaxy Spica). I've even tried this app:
http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/
The SSID is the same as in the configfile above...

4) Enabled the wifi on the tablet again.

But it won't detect the adhoc network
The wifi just seems to turn on and off again...

Anyone who knows what I am doing wrong here?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm having a hard time getting this to work on my Dropad. I've tried several Roms (Fragcompany 1.3/1.4, Clean 0.9/1.0) but none of them won't detect the adhoc network.

I've tried this method:

1) First disabled the Wifi on my tablet.

2) Installed Rootexplorer and successfully replaced the original 'wpa_supplicant.conf' (with the same permissions as previously) with this text:
Code:
ctrl_interface=DIR=/data/system/wpa_supplicant GROUP=wifi<br />
update_config=1<br />
ap_scan=2<br />
<br />
network={<br />
ssid="AndroidTether"<br />
scan_ssid=1<br />
key_mgmt=NONE<br />
mode=1<br />
priority=1<br />
}
3) Started the Hotspot-ability on my Android 2.3 Phone (Samsung Galaxy Spica). I've even tried this app:
http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/
The SSID is the same as in the configfile above...

4) Enabled the wifi on the tablet again.

But it won't detect the adhoc network
The wifi just seems to turn on and off again...

Anyone who knows what I am doing wrong here?
hey, do u get prompt "unable to scan for networks" just when wifi goes off itself? If yes, then we may b having a parallel problem.... Tel me if u got a way around it .

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey, do u get prompt "unable to scan for networks" just when wifi goes off itself? If yes, then we may b having a parallel problem.... Tel me if u got a way around it .
No, the wifi keeps turning on and off. I've asked the developer of the FragCompany ROM if he is able to implement it by standard. Let's hope that provides a solution...

·
Registered
149 Posts
No, the wifi keeps turning on and off. I've asked the developer of the FragCompany ROM if he is able to implement it by standard. Let's hope that provides a solution...
Try flash with a factory firmware update (i mean a rom which hasnt been moded)... I would like to know how u would solve dis Wifi problem. Plz keep me posted.. Am still confused u didnt get d prompt "unable to scan for networks"...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Try flash with a factory firmware update (i mean a rom which hasnt been moded)... I would like to know how u would solve dis Wifi problem. Plz keep me posted.. Am still confused u didnt get d prompt "unable to scan for networks"...
I haven't got the time to try it out. Don't want to reinstall the whole thing...

Guess best thing to do is wait for official support.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dear Friends,

i have a big problem. today i have rooted my dropad A8 and change the wpa_supplicant file in system/bin/wpa_supplicant with new file for ad-hoc wifi.
but now the big problem is when i open wifi, it's only running for 10 seconds and then closes.
i try to re-install the original file "wpa_supplicant" but still the same?
what can i do for this problem?

Best,

21 - 40 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.