Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive "jailbroken" my reader, and ive read some threads, and if i've missed the topic, i apologize, but once you have an app like Opera Mini running and you've navigated several pages...how do you close the damn app? the pandigital browser has an X in the top right to close it but not all apps do...is there a trick other than pressing the volume down which seems to act as the back button, repeatedly to get you back to the home screen?

·
Registered
592 Posts
for opera mini, no. that is my biggest complaint about it. xscope has an exit button in the menu which is what I use now.another option is to install smart bar to add a home button to the notification bar.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Using a home button won't close the app - it just brings up the home launcher. Some apps include and exit function in their actions menu. Click on the volume + button to bring the menu up. If it doesn't include an exit button one other option is to install a task manager or Open Task Killer and kill the app from there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I installed smart bar but while i see the icon in the top bar...but tapping the icons does nothing...do i need a hack?

·
Registered
846 Posts
You need the notification bar hack.. then you touch the top of the screen and drag down the notification bar like a window screen. The operative items will be there (or can be put there).. The icons in the bar at he top of the screen are not "live"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts