Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 units of IPAD alike. One of the unit, i have upgraded to the firmware to Slatedroid1.3-flytouch-edition V2 and it does work. During the upgrade, there is no error messages. It manages to load until the desktop but whenever you try to run any application, it will just go back to desktop page. Question now is how do I backup the firmware from the second unit and create the script folder so that I can restore the firmware to the 1st unit. Appreciate your advice

·
Registered
205 Posts
[quote name='MartinFick;76277]Anyone figure this out yet? I have a flytouch that I would like to upgrade' date=' but I would feel better about it if I could backup the original rom. Thanks, -Martin[/QUOTE'] The original rom is found here in the forum. I guess it the 1.7.4 but trust me, when you change your current firmware you'll never want to go back.

·
Registered
49 Posts
[quote name='kiarov;76328]The original rom is found here in the forum. I guess it the 1.7.4 but trust me' date=' when you change your current firmware you'll never want to go back.[/QUOTE'] Yeah, I probably won't look back, but it just seems more scientific to be able to go back and verify any potential new problems against old behavior. I was looking at the new rom /script dir layouts trying to figure out how they work and if it would be easy to create a backup /script dir instead of an upgrade one? It looks like the scriptcmd is a uboot file. Looks like it upgrades the uboot, kernel and system partitions? Does it reboot then, and load the new kernel and run update.sh to upgrade more stuff? Where can I read more about how this works? What causes the update.sh to run? Would it be possible to replace update.sh with a script that makes a backup (it is running as root, isn't it?) instead of an upgrade script. But, what would that mean for the scriptcmd, would we need a real simple one that does not upgrade anything, but simply reboots and causes the update.sh to run? Do I have the whole process backwards?The whole /script dir thing seems kinda risky. What if a rogue app makes a /script dir, it is on the sdcard, apps can write to that freely can't they? Would be an easy way to be malicious and destroy or secretly own someone's system?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.