Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
well need to have some one to install drivers in the install. Sad thing you can't just install drivers on a working android system
thats the only thing require once thats done 3G will be enabled by default but there are like 500 3G cards out there with different topologies WCDMA, EVDO Etc.. Etc i am looking for some one who can install UM185c EVDO drivers on flytouch firmware as thats the newest usb modem in USA by Cricket who have the cheapest 3G service.

·
Registered
137 Posts
well i am pissed as US customs right now they let all my crappy slates come through but new Apad M002+ that i ordered is stuck there for about 2 weeks now as with that the seller guarantee me that i can use about 60-70% of the 3G sticks those are out in the market right out of the box and if the one i have don't work they will mod the script or will guide me how to mod it to make it work so keep your fingers crossed if they give me the secret i will share as usual

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 3G network settings specifically list Huawei E220/E230/E770/K3565. Unlocked E220s are on ebay from ?20 up- - I'm after one anyway since my recent ZTE 3570-z (vodafone) is not compatible with Windows 7- fine on Vista!!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
you may need something like this. Its a huawei 3g modem, with wifi router function. Instead of plugging it into your device, you connect to it via wifi. Just wait for your telcos to offer it. This one is from a telco in the Philippines. The nice thing about this is, as long as your tablet has wifi, you can connect thru 3G without modifications, without upgrade. So old devices can still work. And you can share connections with other devices too like mobile phone.It is actually more cost efficient as you can do without 3G on your gadgets. And as we know, its the 3g capability that adds up considerably to the device's cost.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 3/4 g HTC evo smartphone with a hotspot connection. I haven't bought a epad yet but very close to making purchase. From what I read I will be able to connect through my router at home on my road runner connection, but my question is.... When I travel will I be able to connect the epad via wifi with the hotspot through the HTC EVO? My cell carrier is Sprint. What do you guys think? OR will I have to buy some type of modem.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Some people have had luck tethering there pads to there smart phones (not sure which phones and pads though, search adhoc wifi in the forums) , I personley use 3G modem when I'm out of the house, works really well! Sent from my EKEN 128M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
[quote author=coanks link=topic=1852.msg59114#msg59114 date=1284686914]
mine working just fine with Huawei E220 after upgrading to Flytouch ROM v1.9.88.3 (by Hideperso)
give it a try..
[/quote]
I am running v1.9.88.4 by Hideperso, but my Huawei E220 is not detected at all. Could you please outline step by step how you made it?
Thanks!

[Edit] I had missed this note for the build I am running (6. If you wand get back 3G - delete pre_root_disk/system/etc/ppp directory before flash ROM). However, after doing this and reflashing my pad, still the same scenario, my E220 is not detected and I cannot see where I should be ticking a mark for 3G. Any tip?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi.. Its been long since i havent use my tablet for surfing. Im using dsl line on my ethernet and havent try 3g after i upgrade my android 1.6 flytouch tablet from tipstirs MOD. Before im using Huawei E1750 my stock 1.6 and working fine. Now on my upgrade firmware i cant use my new Huawei E153 .. Does any body knows how to deal with it. Knowing that its not on my 3G supported list but its to late. I dont want to downgrade and back to stock. Thanks in advance

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.